“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: The Spyderco Folding Civilian Knife

The Spyderco Folding Civilian Knife

I picked up this Spyderco Civilian Knife a while back,, I have to admit, I have many knives and I practice with all of them, this knife is very intimidating,,, I am normally careful when I practice but I have been ultra careful in practicing with this one.. This knife is not for yer average Joe IMHO.
    The civilian is super aggressive and the tip is a serious perpetrator... The slightest touch of the tip and you will find this tip inside your flesh,, I actually used it to remove a splinter in the palm of my hand and it slid into my hand way too easy...
    Below is literature from the Spyderco Site concerning the Civilian..

In the 1990s Spyderco was approached by a specialized branch of U.S. law enforcement about making a knife for their undercover agents. These plain-clothes LEOs found themselves in situations where they often could not carry a firearm but carrying a knife was not a problem. Most had no formal training in self-defense tactics or MBC but as a last resort could use a blade to protect or extricate themselves from a life-threatening situation. This was how the Civilian model came to be.

The Civilian has a patented reverse "S" blade that's intended to be used like an oversized claw. The tip is ground to an ultra-thin profile. Deeply curved and full at the belly, the VG-10 ground blade excels in slicing and is available fully SpyderEdged. Because of its distinctly specialized features it is not intended or designed for general utility or everyday use. Curved in all the right places for ergonomic use and retention of the knife, the handle is black G-10. A two position cliip supports discreet tip-up or tip down carry on the right side. One of the most specialized CLIPITS in the Spyderco line-up, the Civilian is available in limited quantities.

WOAH!
    IMG_0117.jpg
    You Can't Keep it Unless You Give it Away....

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Re: The Spyderco Folding Civilian Knife

A wicked looking knife! Surprises me that New York would allow such to exist.

P.S. Moving this thread to our 'pointy metal' forum.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Re: The Spyderco Folding Civilian Knife

That looks like it could not only cut to the bone, but with little effort, through a lot of bones. Might not want to be trimming your nails with that one.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,