“Making “Wolfgang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National reciprocity petition

Re: National reciprocity petition

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    This will be the proverbial "slippery slope". They say you have to follow the state laws. How long do you think it'll take those lawyers to figure out that a state's requirements to get a carry license can be considered one of the laws you must obey? For example, Illinois charges $300 for a license & also have a stringent training you must attend. That is their law. They are going to raise h___ about someone visiting from a state that has constitutional carry with no training requirement or fee.
    I haven't heard any comments from IL about the bill. They are too busy trying to keep from going broke. And where is the Bill? I know it's in Congress somewhere but have no idea where. Half way through the year and nothing!
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by richardw View Post
    You are saying that by allowing me to carry my gun in states that now prohibit it violates 2A which guarantees that my right to bear arms. Hmmm.

If the law wold breach 10A then so do many other laws. How about the Interstae Commerce Act where federal law supersedes state law. How about the fact that Congress has he explicit authority to enact laws that regulate Constitutional rights. The Bill does not require a state to change any of its gun regulations. It only makes them honor my legally issued permit while making me comply with the state law.

Sorry, I just don't see merit in your Constitutional argument.
    You used the key word. Allow.
    You already have a law saying you can carry in any state. The 2 A.

Let the congress critters honor their oath and repeal all the unconstitutional gun regs they have passed instead of passing another unconstitutional one.
    Yes NR act violates the 2A as Congress had no constitutional power to enact gun laws. At all. Period.
    And you are correct many laws violate the 10A.
    Interstate Commerce Clause is a major one that does.

It was originally enacted, violating the 10A when it was, to control the new, private owned railroads and their rates.
    Of course as all these Fed power grabs are it was amended over the yrs to give the Feds control over state issues it has no constitutional authority to control, including the firearms industry.
    As as a registry, if you have bought a gun thru a FFL dealer, your already on one.
    NR act is as I said the next to worst thing that could happen.
    Your interstate commerce clause is an excellent example of what will be done with NR as it is quickly amended in the same way to turn free states into CA.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    Geesh,,, These new guys from Texas are nothing but trouble... hehehehe ,,, I must agree,,, Last time the Fed did something for my own good,,, I got the Patriot Act,,, I don't feel any safer,, as a matter of fact,, I feel less safer these days,,, When Fed says that they are here to help me,,, I Run For The Hills like Ricochet Rabbit!
    As long as we don't get Canadians with their accent and flip top heads.

Revolver

..HA! Or Browneyes with the ability to place a head shot on a 176 year old woman carrying a bat at 5000 yards with a snubby revolver while both eyes are tied behind their back while standing on one leg...

And shooting under their arm pit don't forget lol.

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by richardw View Post
    You are saying that by allowing me to carry my gun in states that now prohibit it violates 2A which guarantees that my right to bear arms. Hmmm.

If the law wold breach 10A then so do many other laws. How about the Interstae Commerce Act where federal law supersedes state law. How about the fact that Congress has he explicit authority to enact laws that regulate Constitutional rights. The Bill does not require a state to change any of its gun regulations. It only makes them honor my legally issued permit while making me comply with the state law.

Sorry, I just don't see merit in your Constitutional argument.
    You're​ right Richard. It would be challenge to find even 1 of the BORs that hasn't been breached with impunity. (There is 1 that hasn't been AFAIK). That aside it is high time we say no more.

You're certainly not alone in your support for this. On the surface it would benefit me greatly if it were to pass. Unlike the CONgressional creatures and our courts I prefer to consider the wisdom of our founders. If there is a chance of turning things around at all, it is the only way.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    You're​ right Richard. It would be challenge to find even 1 of the BORs that hasn't been breached with impunity. (There is 1 that hasn't been AFAIK). That aside it is high time we say no more.

You're certainly not alone in your support for this. On the surface it would benefit me greatly if it were to pass. Unlike the CONgressional creatures and our courts I prefer to consider the wisdom of our founders. If there is a chance of turning things around at all, it is the only way.
    AMEN and amen. Well said.

I simply don't trust thr Feds. Period.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Mini Gun

And it does nothing for us living in states that are prohibited from being able to carry. The wording of the MD state law itself stipulates certain criteria (if you are not LEO, Security,Business Owner or documented attacks) makes you ineligible to even apply for a CCP which by its very nature "infringes" on my right - but the 4th Circuit routinely sides with the "State's interest in public safety" in that infringement. And SCOTUS, of late, is unwilling to hear MAY ISSUE vs SHALL ISSUE cases (latest one was from a county in S.CA). In most cases before a state court, generally it is up to the state to prove their case against a citizen. With MAY ISSUE, you must prove to the govt that you do need one, HOWEVER, they can still (and do 99% of the time) say no.

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by guns4me View Post
    And it does nothing for us living in states that are prohibited from being able to carry. The wording of the MD state law itself stipulates certain criteria (if you are not LEO, Security,Business Owner or documented attacks) makes you ineligible to even apply for a CCP which by its very nature "infringes" on my right - but the 4th Circuit routinely sides with the "State's interest in public safety" in that infringement. And SCOTUS, of late, is unwilling to hear MAY ISSUE vs SHALL ISSUE cases (latest one was from a county in S.CA). In most cases before a state court, generally it is up to the state to prove their case against a citizen. With MAY ISSUE, you must prove to the govt that you do need one, HOWEVER, they can still (and do 99% of the time) say no.
    That is interesting, I never even considered that side of it. Again it is not only unconstitutional but also worthless too.

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

Yeah, I know this is a few days old, and I have to pass on this as well. Can anyone name one thing that the govt. has gotten involved in that it didn't screw the pooch on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev_Les View Post
    Yeah, I know this is a few days old, and I have to pass on this as well. Can anyone name one thing that the govt. has gotten involved in that it didn't screw the pooch on?
    Yeah, I kinda see your point.

Revolver

The law would be unconstitutional in several ways.
    Violates the 10A.
    And requires states to violate the 2A instead of abiding by it.

If this passes, who wants to be first to go into NY, MD, NJ, MA. or Ca carrying. We will need a volunteer to take through the years of court proceedings and appeals!
    Sorry looks back.
    Worry looks around.
    Faith looks up.

Slingshot

I'll volunteer to go to NY,,, Oh,, Wait a minute,, I'm already in NY...
    LOL, I bet all 3 of you permit holders in NY are not gonna like sharing your status with us Texans come to visit.. BTW, I know 2 of the 3 (you and Donald) who's the other one?

Revolver

If it passes I would not carry in NY, NJ, CA and some of the other almost republiks. I'm originally from NY. I've traveled in that state, under military orders and my weapons listed on my orders. Still there were two attempts to take them from me by law enforcement. And I was one of the good guys.

Nationwide Constitutional carry is the only thing I would support. Gov't is out of it, and anyone can carry in any state if they're legally able to do so.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    Nationwide Constitutional carry is the only thing I would support. Gov't is out of it, and anyone can carry in any state if they're legally able to do so.
    Agreed bro.
    Of course if scotus would do it's job and declare all gun laws violate the 2A , which they do, we would have constitutional carry in all states and locationI nationwide.
    As laid out in the BOR over 200 yrs ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12