“Making “Wolfgang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National reciprocity petition

National reciprocity petition

A petition urging the WH to get National Reciprocity enacted can be signed at the below URL. Please take a minute to sign it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...permit-holders

Slingshot

Re: National reciprocity petition

Quote Originally Posted by richardw View Post
    A petition urging the WH to get National Reciprocity enacted can be signed at the below URL. Please take a minute to sign it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...permit-holders
    LOL, I know I'm new here but here goes. Not just no but heck no. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    LOL, I know I'm new here but here goes. Not just no but heck no. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!
    Agree. Unconstitutional.
    Only national confiscation could be worse than a bill passing allowing the Fed to dictate to the states what permits they have to allow.
    The permits themselves are infringement.

Don't be fooled by this. It's simply more Fed effort to gain a foothold where it constitutionally has none.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

I worry of the national reciprocity because it will make the laws in my state more restrictive

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I worry of the national reciprocity because it will make the laws in my state more restrictive
    Even if it doesn't out of the gate, it will most certainly. The states created the federal government and granted supremacy with the strict caveat "Pursuant to the Constitution"
    Careful when someone from the federal government says we are here to help. Especially when it sounds this good...

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    Even if it doesn't out of the gate, it will most certainly. The states created the federal government and granted supremacy with the strict caveat "Pursuant to the Constitution"
    Careful when someone from the federal government says we are here to help. Especially when it sounds this good...
    it does nothing of the sort. It does not alter any state's licneing criteria. It simply makes any state required to honor my permit like they honor my drivers license. It does not change state laws. It simply regulates reciprocity to assure that my Constitutional right to Bear Arms is honored but within the particular state's laws. If I go to any state I still have to comply with its firearms laws, but I no longer have to leave my gun home. Reciprocity is a judgement of the state's attorneys general not of legislative statute.

it does nothing of the sort. It does not alter any state's licneing criteria. It simply makes any state required to honor my permit like they honor my drivers license. It does not change state laws. It simply regulates reciprocity to assure that my Constitutional right to Bear Arms is honored but within the particular state's laws. If I go to any state I still have to comply with its firearms laws, but I no longer have to leave my gun home. Reciprocity is a judgement of the state's attorneys general not of legislative statute.
    Could you cite for me any article or amendment of the Constitution that national reciprocity violates? It does not change state laws in any way. If I went to CA which only recognizes its permits, CA would have to recognize my remit, but I would still be bound by CA's firearms laws. Reciprocity is not governed by state statute. It a judgement of attrorney's general.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Your right to worry.
    This bill passes I give it a year until it's expanded to allow the Fed to dictate that less restrictive states must toughen their regulations to the most restrictive states level.

At any rate the Fed has no authority to dictate such things to the states any more than it can force a speed limit on a state, force it to enforce a Federal law or even recognize another states DL.

This the states affair to work out between them which unconstitional permits they accept.

Revolver

Could you cite for me any article or amendment of the Constitution that national reciprocity violates? It does not change state laws in any way. If I went to CA which only recognizes its permits, CA would have to recognize my remit, but I would still be bound by CA's firearms laws. Reciprocity is not governed by state statute. It a judgement of attrorney's general.
    2A, 10A,. for starters.

Revolver

You also have to entertain the fallacy that the Fed or states have any constitutional authority to regulate the RTKABA to support anything but constitutional carry.

They do not possess that constitutional authority.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

This will be the proverbial "slippery slope". They say you have to follow the state laws. How long do you think it'll take those lawyers to figure out that a state's requirements to get a carry license can be considered one of the laws you must obey? For example, Illinois charges $300 for a license & also have a stringent training you must attend. That is their law. They are going to raise h___ about someone visiting from a state that has constitutional carry with no training requirement or fee.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

It is a bad plan. I for one will not support it. And should it come to fruition, do you honestly expect the Federal Government to get the bill correct? I sure as heck do not. Keep them bastards out of it. It would be better for States to continue pushing for constitutional carry.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    It is a bad plan. I for one will not support it. And should it come to fruition, do you honestly expect the Federal Government to get the bill correct? I sure as heck do not. Keep them bastards out of it. It would be better for States to continue pushing for constitutional carry.
    Yup. What he said exactly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    You also have to entertain the fallacy that the Fed or states have any constitutional authority to regulate the RTKABA to support anything but constitutional carry.

They do not possess that constitutional authority.
    And also the fallacy that carrying with a permission slip has any thing to do with liberty or ones RTKBA. I carry everyday with permission. I don't in anyway see that as a liberty. Apparently some do. Now if I sling my AR over my shoulder or carry a BP pistol, now I'm exercising my RTKBA. And all my neighbors are FREE to do the same thing. At least here in Tx. Modern handgun and I am simply 1 of 20 in a privileged​ class.

Revolver

If the Repubs want to make a stand for 2A then introduce a bill to repeal the NFA, and GCA instead of trying to rename Obamacare and get their foot in the door on state level gun control.

I call and write all my Fed reps to oppose national carry while explaing that 1. They have no authority to pass such a law and 2. They are not fooling all gun owners with the bait and switch.

I pray it never passes. Like every other Fed gun reg it's a step toward confiscation.

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by TuxAir View Post
    Ahh, a little sage wisdom from the past. Shinning some light on the concept of balance sovereignty and local control.

Richardw, don't be discouraged by all the backlash. Like all bait and switch government laws it did look good on first glance. Just move on and keep contributing to the forum.
    Certified Armed Infidel

BTW, this could also be called the National Registry Petition for those who sign it.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    2A, 10A,. for starters.
    You are saying that by allowing me to carry my gun in states that now prohibit it violates 2A which guarantees that my right to bear arms. Hmmm.

If the law wold breach 10A then so do many other laws. How about the Interstae Commerce Act where federal law supersedes state law. How about the fact that Congress has he explicit authority to enact laws that regulate Constitutional rights. The Bill does not require a state to change any of its gun regulations. It only makes them honor my legally issued permit while making me comply with the state law.

Sorry, I just don't see merit in your Constitutional argument.

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    BTW, this could also be called the National Registry Petition for those who sign it.
    I rather doubt that the petition is going to result in the 19 million gun owners in the US being in a registry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast