“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: So Senators now want to carry guns.

Revolver

So Senators now want to carry guns.

After being shot at that is.

Of course they only want to extend that right to carry in DC to themselves.

The 2A does not mention only congressmen, or only cops.

I like Rand Paul. But if he supports carry for Congress and officials, I'll never support him again.
    Same for Hal Rodgers and old Mitch.

Every free person has the RTRTKA by virtue of being born.

Elitism at its self entitled best.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

The big problem in DC as they have got the idea that they are more important than anyone else & deserve special treatment. I've never been an advocate for term limits because it means you can lose some good people in the process & I always figure the elections were our way of forcing term limits on them. I've about come to the conclusion that until we do get term limits, stop all the special insurance & retirement perks. DC will just get worse.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

I used to think term limits were a good thing and voted for the amendment to limit terms in Michigan back in 1992. Now I'm not so sure. Sometimes you need a few elder statesmen that do the right thing without worrying about the consequences. The problem has become that few politicos seem to want to do the "right" thing .... they just vote along party lines or to protect their base voters. And gerrymandering has made it hard for voters to make changes.

VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Everybody knows that the 2nd amendment applies to the "militia" don't they? You know what? I'm a member of my own militia, CO, XO, Adj, JAG, gofer. They all reside in me because I am responsible for me and mine. The ultimate defense comes from my awareness of my surroundings and my actions to protect me and mine.

​I'm sorry, the foregoing was supposed to be in the color purple to denote sarcasm. My apologies for my oversight.......................................
    WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T SAY?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Moderator of the Year

VIP Site Benefactor

It would be interesting to find out how many of the "elites" in Washington are already carrying.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

The assassination attempt on Pres. Reagan's life was a wake up call for him on the issue.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/15/bi...ealed-handgun/
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

I think this has come up because, as of right now, I heard a report that said it was against the law for people of Congress to carry any kind of firearms in and around the Capital Building. Kinda like for us too? Yeah. Well, if they are allowed to carry there, properly permitted, then we should be able to as well.

Guess we'll see where all this crap goes.

Moderator of the Year

VIP Site Benefactor

That's one thing I appreciated about our Texas legislature. People with a CHL are allowed to carry in the State Capital. In fact, they get to use the fast lane, by-passing the metal detectors.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post
    I think this has come up because, as of right now, I heard a report that said it was against the law for people of Congress to carry any kind of firearms in and around the Capital Building. Kinda like for us too? Yeah. Well, if they are allowed to carry there, properly permitted, then we should be able to as well.

It would be nice if the Congress critters upheld their oath, took SCOTUS by the throat as they are empowered to do, and forced them too also.

If that was the case then there would be no need for infringing "proper permits" or permits at all.
    For anyone anyplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    It would be nice if the Congress critters upheld their oath, took SCOTUS by the throat as they are empowered to do, and forced them too also.

If that was the case then there would be no need for infringing "proper permits" or permits at all.
    For anyone anyplace.
    This is true. Like I said, we will see where this goes.

Revolver

I think it just might be a bad idea for all those congressmen to go around armed. They would do themselves a mischief resulting in a lot of special elections. What a way to cut short a filibuster. I think it would be better for them to learn how to be courteous towards one ​another. Unfortunately too many of them don't know that respect is a two-way street.

Mini Gun

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post

it is currently against the law for anyone other that the Capitol Police and Secret Service to carry anything into any Federal building regardless of their carry status. This includes the Smithsonian, the Capitol building and all Capitol offices. So, there are a LOT of laws that would need to change in order to make that happen.

The entire time Diane Feinstein was creaming about gun control she was carrying.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    The entire time Diane Feinstein was creaming about gun control she was carrying.
    Yup, a .38 Special revolver. Witch.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by guns4me View Post
    it is currently against the law for anyone other that the Capitol Police and Secret Service to carry anything into any Federal building regardless of their carry status. This includes the Smithsonian, the Capitol building and all Capitol offices. So, there are a LOT of laws that would need to change in order to make that happen.
    To carry guns all congress need do is what they normally do with most laws they pass. Exempt themselves from the laws that prevent them being armed.
    Does the average citizen no good at all of course.

I would carry a compact semi-auto in a shoulder holster and an MP-5 in a briefcase.