“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Finally considering..... a BP9 CC..... but not a striker/dao fan?

Finally considering..... a BP9 CC..... but not a striker/dao fan?

I have finally decided to at least look at a BP9 CC. I would like to hear from those of you who have this gun.
    I have never been a striker fired fan....although I have had a few....Taurus, Kahr, S&W.

I will ask what do you like about the BP9 CC?

What do you NOT like?
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: Finally considering..... a BP9 CC..... but not a striker/dao fan?

The trigger is fantastic and what's not to like about a single stack 9 for concealed carry. The frame is really good for those that don't like having a pinkie hanging off like some of the other compact pistols. My 2 have been trouble free and they are easy to strip/clean. The only thing I don't like is limited availability of sight options. I would love to have a set of hackathorn sights but it's not an option.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

I don't like the balance. It feels top heavy. 'Course, that's just a personal preference thing & you'd have to handle one yourself to see if it suits you. Holding a g***k might give you an idea of what I'm talking about, but the feel of the grip of the Bersa beats that of a glock, hands down.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Mini Gun

Treat it right and it will shoot when you pull the trigger. I have a number of pistols, and the BP9CC is my favorite carry gun. conceals great, for me, a great point and shoot weapon, which is critical in a SD weapon, holds 9 rounds, weighs enough to not sting your hand when you fire it, and the fastest you can fire first round out of the holster. That last feature makes your holster choice a very important safety item in your carry package.

Everything Twinspar said. The only negative to me is the trigger may be too light for some. I like DA/SA for a carry gun where in a panic my finger may not be as easily controlled.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

I do like the size, handling and feel of the weapon. The trigger is very light on reset and I have been surprised a few times on the range with an unexpected second shot before I finished my aim. Mine is also picky about what ammo it will reliably feed but once you eliminate its dislikes it seems to perform fine. Cleaning is easy and take down is fine. Not as simple as some but simple enough. Options are not as numerous as with other brands but there are enough good holsters available if you choose to carry it. If you're over in my part of the woods feel free to stop by and you can shoot mine till your hearts content.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by WVSurveyor View Post
    I do like the size, handling and feel of the weapon. The trigger is very light on reset and I have been surprised a few times on the range with an unexpected second shot before I finished my aim. Mine is also picky about what ammo it will reliably feed but once you eliminate its dislikes it seems to perform fine. Cleaning is easy and take down is fine. Not as simple as some but simple enough. Options are not as numerous as with other brands but there are enough good holsters available if you choose to carry it. If you're over in my part of the woods feel free to stop by and you can shoot mine till your hearts content.
    Meet and greet at WVSurveyor's! Ammon's on him.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Thanks for all the input guys. But like I said.....I'm "considering" it. My mind is not made up yet? We have a big gun show coming up in 2 weeks....we'll what shows up.
    Who knows?......I may just wind up with another Thunder Plus....which is my favorite tote gun.
    Certified Armed Infidel

If you like DA/SA there's the new XD-E, or a Smith 3913 as single stack 9s.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Matchlock

Re: the SA XD-E, the GearUp promo is on and you can get a bunch of mags, a holster, and dual mag holder thing...

https://www.springfieldpromo.com/
    Michael T. 6/15/46 - 2/26/17 RIP+

Springfields are great. I do not own one, but they are as accurate as a pistol of that type can get. S&W has a great rebate too, so your choices are vast. I don't care for the Springfield palm safety, it's redundant to me. S&W Shields are extremely popular too. Can't go wrong with either. I own various pistols and rifles of different brands and calibers. It is some of what makes life interesting.

Buy one and put 2 others on the list for the next purchase. Take a chance, relax and have fun. Life is very short brother.

IF....I could find one of those da/sa Springfields I would definitely toss it in the pot of consideration. I had the XD 40 long ago. I did like it better than the Glock and S&W, not even a contest.
    I would like to get one in my hand.
    Certified Armed Infidel

The XD-E is brand new, it might be a while.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Quote Originally Posted by garwha View Post
    Treat it right and it will shoot when you pull the trigger. I have a number of pistols, and the BP9CC is my favorite carry gun. conceals great, for me, a great point and shoot weapon, which is critical in a SD weapon, holds 9 rounds, weighs enough to not sting your hand when you fire it, and the fastest you can fire first round out of the holster. That last feature makes your holster choice a very important safety item in your carry package.
    What he said...also (for me) best grip in any of my pistols, best trigger, superb accuracy. The down side, mines have been plagued with extraction issues and I say mines because 1st was exchanged, 2nd had the extractor replaced, worked for a while, now it is doing it again (Federal ) will try again with different ammo...great contrast to the S&W Shield, which has never, ever, failed at anything but, had to greatly modify the trigger and the grip is not quite the same..if I can solve the extraction issue, would be my favorite carry, period.

Slingshot

Have had my 2nd bp9cc for a little over a month. Round count is probably @ 400. I love shooting it. That trigger is the best! Short reset with a 3 lb pull. I shoot reloads.