“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: SIG Elite

SIG Elite

Took both of my Thunder 380's to the range this morning to test out the 100 grain SIG Elite ammo in them. The target marked "old" is my older "D" series Duo-tone that I have had for quite a while. The one marked "new" is my most recent "G" series, all black.

They both ran that ammo perfectly. I was shooting at 7 yards, two hand hold, and touching them off at about one second intervals. I noticed that the recoil was a little more stout than with even the Winchester JHP's and Remington JHP's I normally load them up with. Probably the 100 grain bullet.

I did run into one slight glitch though, and that is a rear sight issue with my older Bersa. Around the second magazine, the rear sight blade flew off and bounced off my forehead! I was like "DAMN"! I searched in the grass for about twenty minutes or so, then gave up the chase. The other half of the holes in the target were ran without the rear sight being complete. Lol. Did not seem to really matter, as I just centered up the front sight blade in the now super huge gap, that was the rear sight. The little spring is still in the channel of the rear sight base, but buddy, that blade went into La-La Land!

I guess to sum this up, my Bersa's love of that SIG ammo knows no bounds. You might want to give it a try. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should put into that old girl to replace her rear sight (don't want to dick around with another adjustable sight, if possible), then let me know.

Thanks, Mike.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Re: SIG Elite

Don't know about after market sights, but someone should be along that does. I'd suggest you check pricing & compare it to the price of Bersa's Firestorm slide. It interchanges on the Thunder & has standard sights. Seems the slide was only about $60 & you may spend that for just sights, if you can find them.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Don't know about after market sights, but someone should be along that does. I'd suggest you check pricing & compare it to the price of Bersa's Firestorm slide. It interchanges on the Thunder & has standard sights. Seems the slide was only about $60 & you may spend that for just sights, if you can find them.
    Thanks for the reply Mitchr. I priced the Thunder slide, on Eagle Imports, and they are 90 dollars. I did not know the Firestorm slide would fit the Thunder lower. I think I will go that rout, instead of the Thunder slide. They did have the Thunder rear sight blade, but I feel it is too delicate....want something that if the bottom ever fell out on all of us, I would not have to worry about my sights taking a dump.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Yeah, Marty8613 converted his Thunder to Firestorm slide because he liked the Firestorm sight better.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Yeah, Marty8613 converted his Thunder to Firestorm slide because he liked the Firestorm sight better.
    Sure did. I prefer the bucket sights. The rear sight arrived way out of adjustment, but a wooden dowel and tapping hammer allowed me to wind adjust. The FS slide also mounted on my Thunder Plus and worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will be at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty8613 View Post
    Sure did. I prefer the bucket sights. The rear sight arrived way out of adjustment, but a wooden dowel and tapping hammer allowed me to wind adjust. The FS slide also mounted on my Thunder Plus and worked fine.

Yeah? I am going to order the Firestorm slide tomorrow morning. I just hope it fits the lower good, without a lot of slop. Thanks for the heads up on this guys....oh, and the Firestorm slides are only 50$, on Eagle's website.

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post
    Yeah? I am going to order the Firestorm slide tomorrow morning. I just hope it fits the lower good, without a lot of slop. Thanks for the heads up on this guys....oh, and the Firestorm slides are only 50$, on Eagle's website.
    I haven't tried it, but I believe the Firestorm slide rear sight is a standard size and can accept a Sig rear sight. #8 I think. I'm curious to have that confirmed if you give that a go

Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will be at the range.

Welp, Eagle Imports has that Firestorm slide labeled "out of stock"! Damn. I put myself down to be notified if and when they have more to sell. Pending on this slide for now.