“Wolfgang

Thread: Ammo recommendations for Thunder 9 pro HC

Ammo recommendations for Thunder 9 pro HC

Title says it all. Hitting the range Saturday with my new Bersa (First Bersa) and would appreciate some help on what I should put through it. Thanks in advance

Re: Ammo recommendations for Thunder 9 pro HC

Welcome to the club JayVee...............

I have this gun. It shoots every thing I put in it....BUT.....on the first range trip I would recommend you stick with standard velocity domestic ammo.
    Remington 115 fmj, Winchester White Box, Federal, Speer Lawman, Blazer Brass....and there are many more.
    I would stay away from any foreign ammo (Tula, S&B, Fiocchi, Wolf, and the like)- although some of it is pretty good- at least until you know your
    gun is functioning well.
    It would be a shame to have issues....and get a bad feeling about your new gun.....only later to find out it was just the cheap ammo. I've done it!
    That 9 HC is a good shooter.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat JayVee. Steel cased ammo isn't recommended, then as Brojohn says, good FMJ ammo for break-in. I like Federal cause it's cleaner & a decent price at Wally World. Lately, been buying Freedom Munition Reman when they have specials on, 'cause it's even cheaper.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

The wife and I tested 2 new 9mm's last week on Freedom's new ammo. 115 gr and 124 gr, all of it worked flawlessly. We weren't using Bersas though. Nice pistola though, congrats on the new baby.

Edit....by new, I mean first run, not their reloaded ammo, just to clarify.

It should handle anything you feed it. Just stay away from the steel cased stuff. The more important thing to do is to thoroughly clean that pistol before your first outing. The oily stuff on there is NOT a lubricant. It is packing goo and makes things sticky. Besides... it will be a good time to take her apart and familiarize yourself with the pistol.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Good advice, that's the plan as soon as I get it home (day 2 of 3 day wait) and I've seen how easy it is to get them apart.

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I was thinking the federal 115 would work, but always good to get an opinion or two. As well as other options

HC IS a good shooter! 125+ plus rounds with Remington 115 and some Magtec, 0 failure and plenty accurate (the gun not necessarily me��) had a great time out with her