“Making “Wolfgang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLL Airport Shooting

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

FLL Airport Shooting

I put this thread in the Second Amendment forum because it's obvious where Homeland Security will take this tragedy with the media's help. The FBI had a head's up on this nut two months ago yet he still got to check a bag with a gun in it and get on an airplane. And Megyn Kelly's in full NBC mode, even on her last night at Fox. She describes the shooter as a "gunman with military training" when all he did was shove a mag up a pistol's butt, rack a round and start blasting. That would qualify all of us here as Green Berets.

I guarantee this ride's gonna be a doozy.
    Last edited by gun sane; 01-06-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Re: FLL Airport Shooting

I think Megyn Kelly is going where she needs to be......I never liked her, she is just a mean you know what.
    I believe Fox has a few others that need to go. I would like to see Shep Smith and Juan Williams go.
    Certified Armed Infidel

I heard but don't know for sure that Kelly is going to a liberal News Agency. Geraldo Rivera is another that needs kicked off Fox.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Geraldo deserved a bullet when he was drawing our forces' location in the sand on live TV! Line him up next to Hanoi Jane.
    Last edited by Tophog; 01-07-2017 at 02:59 AM.
    God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Site Supporter

Fox also seems to have recently engaged a bunch of little boys with liberal attitudes that have never had sex with a woman.

This thread got hijacked faster than the airport shooting stories. They seem to change daily. The comments are hilariously filled with people who have no concept about guns and flying. And don't even want to learn.

So today they are saying he flew in from Minneapolis - I'm pretty sure that is in the US not Canada. And now he had a pistol, not a rifle. Still no idea how he got ammunition - you definitely cannot check that in your luggage.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

The one and only time I ever flew with a checked firearm I was allowed to put the boxes of shells inside the case with the shotgun. You'd think they'd put it into the custody of the destination baggage agent. Nope. When I arrived I had to scurry to the carousel so that no one would walk off with it.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    The one and only time I ever flew with a checked firearm I was allowed to put the boxes of shells inside the case with the shotgun. You'd think they'd put it into the custody of the destination baggage agent. Nope. When I arrived I had to scurry to the carousel so that no one would walk off with it.
    That's 'cause joe biden say's shot guns are okay. But now, finger nail clippers that have the little thingy you clean your finger nails with, that's a no-no.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

The blamestream media doesn't seem to have officially come over to the bright side following the election drubbing they took, but I suppose rehab's not an overnight process. Here's how NBC tried to explain the checked ammo policy:

Explosive or flammable ammunition such as gun powder is banned, but bullets are legal if carried in checked baggage.

That means gun owners can't get to their weapons during a flight but can easily retrieve and load them after claiming their checked bags.
    For this logic to fit, I assume the bullets are seated and crimped into primed casings to make cartridges, which must also contain banned gun powder to work as advertised. They might be trying to say that bulk gun powder is prohibited, but who am I to correct these know-it-alls?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...t-guns-n704186

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    Still no idea how he got ammunition - you definitely cannot check that in your luggage.
    I do every time I fly. Please don't propagate BS. Read the FAA rules. It can't be in the same locked box with the firearm and must be in a "suitable" container. The original box works nicely.

Stoopid phone.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Wasn't meant to be bs, I thought it was true. But I was wrong and found that you can check some ammo if it is in the original box.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Not to be insensitive... but this smells of a Red Flag scenario to me ... just too many 'I told you so's' for the anti's lining up......just saying ..
    Certified Armed Infidel .

The news says the gun case was his only checked bag, so if that's true how did he put a box of ammo in it?

I wouldn't laugh off the "government mind control" thing he claimed either.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

My brother went on vac a few years back. Somehow he managed to drop a single 380 cartridge in his bags when packing. He did not carry a gun with him
    nor did he realize the cartridge was in his bags. Some scanner picked up the bullet and he & wife were detained for about an hour. He said they made a
    real big deal out of it, and in the end told him how lucky he was.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    I do every time I fly. Please don't propagate BS. Read the FAA rules. It can't be in the same locked box with the firearm and must be in a "suitable" container. The original box works nicely.

Stoopid phone.
    Flying with a gun in checked baggage is easy. I always unload the magazines and put the ammo in factory boxes when flying. I put the gun and Benchmade pocket knife in a small safe and cable it to the suitcase.

https://www.amazon.com/SnapSafe-7523...apSafe+Lockbox

The way I read the TSA rules it allows you to keep the ammo in loaded magazines and to have a magazine in the same lock box as the gun. I think I am going to test that out next time I fly but I will be sure to check the airline rules first. Each airline has different regs.

Ammunition
    Ammunition is prohibited in carry-on baggage, but may be transported in checked baggage.
    Firearm magazines and ammunition clips, whether loaded or empty, must be securely boxed or included within a hard-sided case containing an unloaded firearm. Read the requirements governing the transport of ammunition in checked baggage as defined by 49 CFR 175.10 (a)(8).
    Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm.
    https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transport...and-ammunition
    Last edited by Pond Scum; 01-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

I usually flew Delta. It may even come down to who checks the bag. I always just take a box of ammo and zero problems.

Stoopid phone.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

The whole thing is the FBI screwed up. He should have been put on the no-fly list when he contacted the FBI in the first place.

This administration's FBI is starting to look bad in more ways than one.

Federal Blotched Investigation.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Moderator of the Year

VIP Site Benefactor

On 9/11, the terrorists used weapons that were legal to take on board & the poor screeners were crucified over it. Seems I remember bush claiming by making the screeners federal employees, they would do a better job.

I think we can expect to see efforts to make it illegal to have both a firearm & ammo on a flight, if not to ban firearms on flights, all together.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Preferred Site Supporter SC Dave's Avatar

Something is seriously wrong when it's often announced that these people were on the authorities radar. There needs to be new radar or new operators.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Moderator of the Year

VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by SC Dave View Post
    Something is seriously wrong when it's often announced that these people were on the authorities radar. There needs to be new radar or new operators.
    I think it's just par for gubmit types. There's a reason they don't have jobs in the real world. I've watched documentaries leading up to Pearl Harbor on 12-7-41 & it was like a comedy of errors.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast