“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: GP X-Calibur, First impressions

GP X-Calibur, First impressions

Hello everyone,
    New owner of a GP X-Calibur which I just got into my hands on Oct. 7th. Took it to the range on the 8th after a clean and lube the night before. I must say that I am VERY disappointed with this gun! There was an endless stream of malfunctions and I mean endless like one after the other for 50 rounds when I gave up. Very nice looking SINGLE shot pistol though.
    For every shot I could count on eather a stovepipe, a failure to feed or a failure to go into battery.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7ewk7tp76...0868.jpg?raw=1

Stovepipe
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0hbwdlj4e...0869.jpg?raw=1

Failure to feed.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwnpf1si08...0871.jpg?raw=1
    I have contacted Eagle Imports and they have told me to simply send it to a repair center. Going to send it this week and see what happens. Will keep you advised.
    Buyer beware.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Re: GP X-Calibur, First impressions

Welcome to Bersa Chat Hombre. Sorry to hear you had problems. You may be the first on this forum to own a GP so may not get experienced advice. General suggestions for what you describe is change ammo, mark mags & determine if it happens on one mag or all of them, reclean pistol with particular attention to the extractor, behind the claw, & disassemble & clean magazines, using a Qtip inside the tube to check for burrs. Lastly, contact a warranty center to see if it needs to go in for warranty.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Welcome Hombre......ditto to what Mitchr said.

This is definitely disappointing news- as there are several here who have been waiting on this gun line.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Thanks guys , these are all good suggestions. Sorry If I did not make it clear on my initial post but the pistol is new out of the box. I was field stripped, cleaned and re- lubed the night before it went to the range. No dreaded claw crud there.

I'd bet my lunch that you had one of two problems. 1 would be horrendously crappy ammo. I'm betting that's not the case though.
    Here''s what I think it is. From your pictures and your comments you have a rate of cycle problem. MANY times that can be traced to incorrect recoil spring tension. Seeing as how the X-Calibur ships with 3 different recoil springs for different applications, I'm guessing you had the wrong one in for the type of ammo you were using. I know it's been a few months since this post, but if you can recall what type of ammo you were using and which spring was in, it would likely help a lot.
    My guess is you were using good ammo (defense stuff or something hot) and the lowest power spring or you were using mousefart loads with the heavy spring in. Definitely looks like it is the former to me though (looks like it's cycling too fast)
    Did you try hand cycling to see how that went?

Quote Originally Posted by pistolapedro View Post
    I'd bet my lunch that you had one of two problems. 1 would be horrendously crappy ammo. I'm betting that's not the case though.
    Here''s what I think it is. From your pictures and your comments you have a rate of cycle problem. MANY times that can be traced to incorrect recoil spring tension. Seeing as how the X-Calibur ships with 3 different recoil springs for different applications, I'm guessing you had the wrong one in for the type of ammo you were using. I know it's been a few months since this post, but if you can recall what type of ammo you were using and which spring was in, it would likely help a lot.
    My guess is you were using good ammo (defense stuff or something hot) and the lowest power spring or you were using mousefart loads with the heavy spring in. Definitely looks like it is the former to me though (looks like it's cycling too fast)
    Did you try hand cycling to see how that went?

Thank you for your input Pistoalpedro. You were correct, It was a timing issue and the spring was the cause. I was shooting 124gr commercial range ammo, Blazer Brass or Geko can't remember for sure.

Well Hombre, now that it has been a while since your last post, how has that GP held up for you? Just curious because I have kinda had my eye on one at one of the local gun stores.