“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: KelTec owners you need to practice

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

KelTec owners you need to practice

Since I build my hillbilly target stand out of old bed frame Been shooting a little more

To day I took the P3AT out . was in its Pocket holster . Back off around 15' Drew threw on target and emptied the little 380 as fast as I could 5 rounds were in chest area Not a group but BG would be hurting one in L/upper arm and 1 miss over L/shoulder about 2 inches from edge of neck. That one concerned me . I mean could have hit Mason or another out law biker doing nothing wrong . If been in Texas

So get you KT out and practice
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Re: KelTec owners you need to practice

You shoot like me (or I shoot like you?). Always seems to be one or two shots that don't behave- but all the rest just fall in line.

Honestly.....I think more folks need to practice just pulling that gun out and firing off a few rounds at the target. Never mind straining for the bulls eye- shoot at the body. See how well you do??
    If you need improvement- practice more often. After all.....thats how you find out- shoot the darn thing.

Mini Gun

I have been trying to make myself do that kind of practice--draw and shoot at vital-sized target. But I still have trouble forcing myself to shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger. It all just so opposite of my whole life as a rifle shooter. I used to quail hunt, but with a shotgun it is easy. With pistol I have a certain speed that is accurate and faster than that can be a waste of ammo for the most part, but if you don't shoot as fast as you can you can't get any better at it. 10 yards can get embarrasing for me when speed shooting...or speed missing

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

I have disliked shooting my PF9 until recently when I shot some Freedom Munitions Remanufactured 9mm. I really need practice with it! Hoping I can do more with it, then try to step up to full power ammo again.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

I was shooting my CW9 at 25 yards yesterday I got a excellent group little low . 2 times and I knew both times. For some reason relaxed my wrist and those shots went low. . lets say target would never have little targets. Rapid fire at 10 yds all in the kill zone . Quick fire about 1 per sec. all in the head. I starting to like this former safe queen . Bought that new Perfecta ammo at wally world ,Shoots good , cheap , and I didn't think was dirty. Of course I only fired the box of 50 ..
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Mini Gun

I never practice at farther than 21 feet because gun fights are from 1 to 21 feet. Mostly 1 to 10 feet.

I can't practice draw and shoot as I only have an indoor range to shoot in. They don't allow it. But I will be putting some rounds thru my P-32 again soon. Luv that little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    I never practice at farther than 21 feet because gun fights are from 1 to 21 feet. Mostly 1 to 10 feet.
    Glad you have that sorted out that "all" gun fights are less than 21' I would just make sure you never get within 21' of a bad guy then.
    Certified Armed Infidel .
    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by gtgeorge View Post
    Glad you have that sorted out that "all" gun fights are less than 21'
    I thought everyone knew that rule. At 22 feet no one can shoot at you.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    I thought everyone knew that rule. At 22 feet no one can shoot at you.
    I am a little slow and late to the awakening but sure am happy now. So inside of 21' I am not safe from someone with a knife but I can step back to be shielded from gun fire. I wonder if that then makes 22' a complete safety net? Please use small words I can understand when replying though.
    Certified Armed Infidel .
    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Remember that P-3AT is a one handed shooter. I have to say its accurate for its size.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

21 feet? Dang, that's only 6.4 meters! As commie as it sounds, we need to keep up with the youngsters.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Banned

I know exactly where you're coming from...I think. I have three guns which I juggle around often, but of those I most often carry my P11. It's the easiest to get my hands on and shoot, and the easiest to conceal. Great balance, really. But I am twice as accurate with my Bersa...and twice as accurate as that with my S&W 59. I know at 10 yards or so in ,imited light I could hit center mass with the P11 in very vital zone with several shots. I recently installed a 19# Wollf recoil spring in it, like 4# heavier than stock. I haven't shot it with the new spring yet, but I'm thinking recoil will be tamed a noticeable amount, and perhaps I can approach the accuracy of my other 2 main pistols. I wish I was half as accurate with my P11 as I am with my 59. With my 59 I can shoot fist-sized groups at 20 yards.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

I can't practice draw and shoot as I only have an indoor range to shoot in. They don't allow it. But I will be putting some rounds thru my P-32 again soon. Luv that little gun.

What if some nut starts shoot at YOU at 60 ot 70' and their no cover close . Are you going to stand their , run at him till you 21' then shoot or fire a few as you run for cover . I am sure a terrorist will just allow you to come to 21 ' so you can shoot . Their was a citizen other day shot a BG across the street. Because he was firing at the people waking in front of him. He returned fire and I believe the BG died later.

You should practice now and then at distance See how much if any bullet drop you have . Also nice to know if possible to hit some one at distance I now know what the Bersa thunder does and the CW9 does . I have shot all my pistols at distance may not kill you with the KelTec at distance But you might get a belly ache or a limp that will require a doctor
    Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

I would love to take my Kel Tec to the range... If it would only stop raining long enough to shoot a couple mags..

Had a message from my outdoor range yesterday that they have renamed it as an Lake and will be closed until the ducks move out of the way.
    Sold my P-11 since the SCCY is a clone and had not shot the P-11 in a long time.
    Retired and hunkering in.

Banned

My grandfather, b.1914, was a choral/operatic singer for awhile, something he always went back to throughout his life. He used to tell me that if you wanted to train your voice properly, you'd EXAGGERATE....that is, demand more from your voice than what would be considered normal. More volume. More falsetto. More range. Stretch! And when the time came to really sing a "normal" tune you'd be ready.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by FeloAmerikanski View Post
    My grandfather, b.1914, was a choral/operatic singer for awhile, something he always went back to throughout his life. He used to tell me that if you wanted to train your voice properly, you'd EXAGGERATE....that is, demand more from your voice than what would be considered normal. More volume. More falsetto. More range. Stretch! And when the time came to really sing a "normal" tune you'd be ready.
    That would come in handy if you're screaming for help rather than defending yourself.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    That would come in handy if you're screaming for help rather than defending yourself.

Har HAR de har HAR, Norton!
    But you DO get the moral of the story?

Slingshot

IMO the Kel-tec pocket pistols have an effective range of about 7 yards and a maximum range of about 15 yards.

In my experience with the P32 and P3AT due to the small sights and loooong trigger 15 yards is the limit for consistent hits on a torso. At 25 yards it's 50/50 hitting a man-sized torso at all.

7 yards is good for the center-of-mass types hits that are desired. (six inch groups and smaller)

They are what they are.

Rock

Just fired my new, to me, P-11 on Monday. Nice little gun. Makes my hand hurt, but everything was in the 9 or 10 ring at ten yards. Trigger pull does take some getting used to.
    Truth be told, I still prefer my Makarov. More pleasant to fire and much easier to rapidly put three in the 10.
    The P-11 will live in my car.