“Making “Wolfgang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frog Lube

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: Frog Lube

I talked to some Great Smoky Mountains National Park rangers and they said that frogs there are self-lubricating and discourage its use on the amphibians. It could be liberal BS though.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Until yesterday, I have liked froglube. I use to have less guns and more time to go to the range and shoot. I haven't been able to get to a range to shoot handguns in a couple months. Yesterday, I finally got a chance to go and took the BP9CC and UCPro9. Unfortunately, I hadn't shot either one of them in about six months or longer. Both of them were cleaned after the last time I shot them using froglube. Ooooppps, in both guns the firing pins are gummed up. Froglube is ok if you're going to be able to get out and shoot more often. Froglube is bad, as it solidifies, if you are not going to be able to shoot a firearm for a few months. It was a frustrating revelation. Maybe if I had an oven or something with me to heat up and loosen the frog lube gunk things would have gone a lot smoother.
    So, today I'm going to pick up some Brakleen to clean the heck out of slides on them (and my others that have been sitting for a while) and get some cleaner/lube that is not made from vegetables or leftover french fry grease.

Unfortunately that is why I switched as well.
    Gunowner99
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Have shot pistols lubed with Finish Line Dry Lube, 6+ months after cleaning with no problems, but I don't use anything in the FP channel.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Slingshot

As promised (a long time ago) I am reporting on my FrogLube experience. I like it! I don't get to range as often as I would like but the guns I have transitioned to FrogLube run like a dream and clean up afterwards is a snap. I have not experienced any rusting or caking problems reported by others. I like the fact it is non toxic, for me it's a keeper. I recommend it's use. Sorry about the delay but in the future I hope to make it to the range more often.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by 10ring View Post
    As promised (a long time ago) I am reporting on my FrogLube experience. I like it! I don't get to range as often as I would like but the guns I have transitioned to FrogLube run like a dream and clean up afterwards is a snap. I have not experienced any rusting or caking problems reported by others. I like the fact it is non toxic, for me it's a keeper. I recommend it's use. Sorry about the delay but in the future I hope to make it to the range more often.

Okay, admit it! You been to the range a bunch of times since your post two years ago, but you just forgot about us! Right?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I have used frog lube,, Great stuff,, I have a lifetime supply of Militech so I kinda use that also, I find both to work very well...
    I also find that frog lube works well when I rub some behind my ears...
    You Can't Keep it Unless You Give it Away....

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    I have used frog lube,, Great stuff,, I have a lifetime supply of Militech so I kinda use that also, I find both to work very well...
    I also find that frog lube works well when I rub some behind my ears...
    I tried some on my "tool" one time and it kept slipping out. I apologize to my wife. She looked at me and said "What is slipping out ?"
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

........ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://youtu.be/pVcbasIb8lQ
    You Can't Keep it Unless You Give it Away....

Another FL user here. Started using it on my 1911 and now use it on all guns. I didn't realize how slick it makes things until I bought some new mags and compared how they feel against the ones treated with FL. I took my AR out after sitting in the safe for about 5 months and it shot just fine. It was cleaned and lubed with FL before storing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12