TruRecoil Bersa Discount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save the Pit Bull that attacked a 4 yr old boy.

Save the Pit Bull that attacked a 4 yr old boy.

A Facebook campaign wants to save the Pit Bull that mauled a 4 yr old boy in AZ. I love dogs, but when I look at that poor boy - - - - - - - -
    http://news.yahoo.com/campaign-save-...mments-postbox
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Re: Save the Pit Bull that attacked a 4 yr old boy.

Kevin, the little boy who was bitten and disfigured, has received $6,000 in donations.....slightly ahead of Mickey the dog at $5,600. I remember the day when that dog would have been shot on the spot. When you start to judge the rights of animals as equal to humans, you've just pulled yourself down to their level.
    Last edited by gun sane; 03-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    "A Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't." --Charles Spurgeon

Put the dog down I tried pit bulls in 1980's 1st one killed every animal that came near it. Dogs cats chickens If he caught it. It died. Had no kids but I wouldn't put up with that. Was done away with . Other was a loving family pet. Then out of nowhere killed our German Shepard pup. He was also put down. I stopped with that breed . Their a danger to other animals and people. You never know what their going to do.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    I also love dogs, but that one should be put down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Pit or not pit any dog that attacks a child like this to be put down. I remember a surgical case I was part of. Child with facial trauma requiring surgical intervention. One of the Dr's was in shock that the family had put their dog down. I thought that was a loving father.

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    ^I'm with you, Kat.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Supporter

Put it down.
    Life Member.. My Second Amendment Voice.

Reminds me of an incident years ago. A woman in the city we lived in knowingly caused an injury accident by slamming on the brakes for some geese crossing the road. She stated she would do it again because "Geese have rights, too."
    The only way to keep the status quo from imploding is to banish common-sense. --Charles Hugh Smith

I carry a BT .380 CC in a UBG pocket holster.

The social media support for Mickey doesn't indicate that people care more about a dog than a child
    Actually it does. They care more about this dog than they do about it's next victim.

Flintlock
    I am heavily involved in giant breed dog rescues. Think English mastiffs, Danes, Newfoundlands, Wolf hounds, pretty much ones that typically run over 100 pounds.

With that said, I agree that he should be put down. I know how hard of a decision it is, just had to put down a 3 year old Mastiff that was going rogue last week.
    His entire story was heartbreaking from beginning to end, right down to the adoptive mom having to give the injection to sedate him herself in the parking lot of the vets office. Actually did all of it in the parking lot.

There are just some that due to poor socialization, poor breeding, or abuse, that can never be homed.
    If any if you knew me outside of here, you'd know there are not many that I can't work with, but there are limits.
    This dogs case, crossed that limit.

Its not pit bulls as a whole though. It's the factors with each dog. Even Newfoundlands, which until 2006 never had a recorded human bite, can turn.

That poor dog. I can't believe they put it in a cage. How inhuman! That stupid child must have been doing something to torment the dog. Its not the dogs fault, the thing didn't know it was wrong to bite a child! Now that it knows it won't do it again! Give it a second chance. It won't maim again,promise.

You think that's bad... Wait until you hear the outcry about the trigger happy cops who shot this pit bull today

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Police-...250725431.html

If an animal attacks a child it is to be taken out to the farm. When my daughter first began to walk, she was chasing my male Shihtzu and he snapped at her. More of a surprise to the fact that she fell on him sleeping. If he would have bit my daughter, he would have gotten a one way trip to the farm. He spent an hour outside and from that point on, he has never shown a tooth to a child.

Either way, an animal that attacks a child needs to go.
    "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Forget "Pit Bull". ANY dog that attacks and mauls like that should be shot on sight. I prefer taking on mutts (the mixed breed, heinz 57 types). I once had to put down one of the many mutts I owned. Great dog for my wife and I. But he turned bad around small children. Almost like a vicious jealousy. I kept an eye on him. All it took was his first charge towards my first born. Fortunately, in the aftermath, there was no trouble with the law or the local animal control. I better shut up. This one is getting me worked up.
    As for the animal rights folks and putting down an animal... This isn't about abuse. It's about what is right.
    Last edited by TuxAir; 03-18-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Our forefathers would be shooting by now.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas
    I am a big fan of pit bulls and they are much maligned, undeserved in my opinion.
    That said, that dog should have been put down immediately. It being a pit bull is irrelevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    I am a big fan of pit bulls and they are much maligned, undeserved in my opinion.
    That said, that dog should have been put down immediately. It being a pit bull is irrelevant.

X2. I have pits and they are great dogs. I've had a couple of others that weren't so great. Any sign of aggression towards a household member has only one result.
    NRA Lifetime member
    Outdoor enthusiast

When I was a kid I was taught never run from a dog cause they will chase you as prey and may attack. Well, a neighbor had a German Shepard and one day I ran from it and when it caught up it took a nip out of my behind. Result: Learned my lesson and enforced a respect for all breeds and their behavior. But in this case it should be put down.
    "This is your gun control, this finger right here -- your index finger" - Allen West

NRA Life Member

Flintlock
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge83 View Post
    When I was a kid I was taught never run from a dog cause they will chase you as prey and may attack. Well, a neighbor had a German Shepard and one day I ran from it and when it caught up it took a nip out of my behind. Result: Learned my lesson and enforced a respect for all breeds and their behavior. But in this case it should be put down.
    In most cases the person can actually cause themselves to be bit. Stand and be a tree is the best advice.
    As you said, running engages prey drive, never ends well.

I have watched children around dogs and some of them are just waiting to be a bite case.
    This case, as I said before, was extreme and only one thing can result.

You might be surprised at this, but if I read my Bible right, the only remedy in the Old Testament for an animal that attacks a human (and he dies) is to put it to death. The only question is if the owner knew the animal had a tendency to attack without provocation. In that case, the owner is to be executed as well. Again, that's in the Old Testament....aren't you glad we've got a God-approved new set of rules now? Fortunately, the child was not killed by the mauling. But the principle is that animals are below humans in the biblical pecking order, as evidenced by our freedom to hunt for food, to buy, sell and breed stock for profit and to administer humane punishment according to the good sense God gives.
    "A Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't." --Charles Spurgeon

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas
    Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    ....the good sense God gives.
    I hate to speak negatively of God, but he seems to have gotten a little chintzy with the good sense the last few years.

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast