“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Very Uncomfortable

VIP Site Supporter

Very Uncomfortable

I'm in Washington, DC waiting to appear before the VA's Appeal board, for a Veteran. I am sitting here looking at the Pentagon and realize that I have to go out "nekkid"... Carrying no steel, or no polymer. I actually feel uncomfortable as it has been a lot of years since I've gone like this. It's like a part of me is missing... I will be happy to leave this evening. Peace.

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    Good luck with the appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Re: Very Uncomfortable

Hope all goes well.
    Gunowner99
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Why did you have to go to DC all my appeals were handled in my state . Who is representing you . You need a veteran group in your corner . Good Luck

Last time I was in DC was Sept 2001 . I was armed then just as I had been in NY City few days before. Most everything was closed do to 911 couple weeks before . Vietnam wall open as was Lincoln Memorial (obama wasn't running the show then ) best part Hotel Rooms were super cheap. Every one still scared from 911 . We were on a extended vacation Thanks to Ricki Lake show .
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Best of luck with the VA.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

VIP Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    Why did you have to go to DC all my appeals were handled in my state . Who is representing you . You need a veteran group in your corner . Good Luck

Last time I was in DC was Sept 2001 . I was armed then just as I had been in NY City few days before. Most everything was closed do to 911 couple weeks before . Vietnam wall open as was Lincoln Memorial (obama wasn't running the show then ) best part Hotel Rooms were super cheap. Every one still scared from 911 . We were on a extended vacation Thanks to Ricki Lake show .
    I was the Rep. Had to fly. The Vet had decided before hand to go to Washington vs do it locally due to bad advice from a de certified Veteran Service officer. The individual originally helping him, gave him very bad info, filled out paper work incorrectly, etc. The Vet asked if I would and I "volunteered" to go with him to help "unscrew" what had been done. If you carry in DC and get caught.... bad on ya. I never felt threatened,,, just uncomfortable, like my wallet was missing.... Good folks at the Appeals board. Haven't completely won yet. Need one more piece of paperwork. The judge was very helpful, gave us great advice and helped a lot... I guess I should have typed my original a lot slower.... Back home in Fl now. Nite all..

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Ok Now I under stand . I was on my last appeal and was to appear . I told my Rep to forget it I had a appointment with my heart Doctor for a echogram . He asked if my Doctor would write statement in my behalf . I said he might. So he got a post postponement , send my Doctor all paper work from VA doctors. I don't know what he wrote but in less than 2 weeks I was maxied out on disability and of course all the back time was paid.
    Hope this vet gets all he should be getting . Many are not. Thanks to the Antique broken down system
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

I appreciate all the hard work that USNRETIRED does to help the vets get their due. The war's never over with these bureaucratic tightwads, but you can hope with good guys like him to get one man out at a time.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

VIP Site Supporter

Cannot suggest strongly enough to all Veterans, to order their "undeleted" medical and service (personnel records). [http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...rds/index.html] Collect and safeguard any and all documentation, proving where they had been, including TDY/TAD orders. If you went to sick call/bay/medical for ANY reason, Contact former buddies and ask them to write a "buddy"/"lay" letter on your behalf, stating that they personally know of your injury/sickness by having been there with you and observing it. For Navy, obtain ship's logs, battle & watch station records, etc. Do not forget that you were "on duty" 24/7. An injury after working hours (ie; banging your knee up playing ball after work) is considered service connected... Did you handle fuels or other hazardous materials, like trichlorethylene and you have less than normal breathing? etc, etc... Did you bang up your left knee and your right hip went out because you can't walk in a normal manner... ton's of stuff... Most of all, DO NOT try to submit the claim yourself. Look in your phone book and find out and make an appt with your county/parish Veteran's service office and have them assist you. Check your local DAV and ask around to find out if their service officer is competent. Remember that a lot of VA "raters" have never been in the service, so leave service acronyms out of any statement. While not all battles are wins, enough are that it is fun and interesting.... although it was returned to me, they took my 1 1/2" pocket knife away from me prior to allowing me entry into the Federal Building... Imagine if I had been carrying? LOL... Left me with only a steely eyed look and 224 lbs of screaming steel and sex appeal to defend myself... With all the criminals in Washington (Congress), I was uncomfortable... Had a great time and learned a lot.

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    ^Valuable advice.^ Thanks for helping out that vet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member