“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Another careless home shooting.

Thumbs up Another careless home shooting.

Lancaster man was charged Monday with involuntary manslaughter for a Christmas Eve shooting that killed his baby girl. Had the firearm pointed at his daughter and pulled the trigger. I am glad they didn't call it an accidental shooting. No such thing, careless shooting yes, accidental no. Another irresponsible gun owner. These people are doing us no favors that's for damn sure. Tragic loss of a young girl who will never have a life.
    Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...#ixzz2pjWNI5MK
    Last edited by ParaCav; 01-07-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Re: Another careless home shooting.

I am local to this event. Sad sad, said he was "messin around and did not know it was loaded."
    Gunowner99
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

Agreed. I prefer the term "negligent discharge" for such incidents. Back when I was still working, I was involved in several cases, where young men, playing with firearms, negligently killed close friends or family members. In each case, they knew nothing of firearms except what they had seen on TV or movies. In many respects these young men were fascinated with firearms. In each case a semi-automatic pistol or rifle was the weapon used and were thought to be unloaded. The basic rules of handling a firearm were never learned.

I tell those who are opposed to firearms, that their children should still be taught the basic rules of firearms safety. Even if they don't think well of the NRA, they should still enroll their children in the NRA's Eddie Eagle or similar program for kids. It could very well save their lives. There are a lot of new firearms owners out there, many of whom come from homes where the safe handling of firearms was never discussed. We need to reach out to those folks.

I read a statistic somewhere (I'll try to find it) showing that even as the number of firearms owners has dramatically increased, the number of deaths due to negligent discharge has decreased. Still, when reading about such a tragedy, as the story linked above, it is truly heartbreaking.

There should be mandatory firearms safety training in public schools. If we can teach drivers ed and how to put a rubber on a cock, surely we can teach basic firearms safety.

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waddams View Post
    There should be mandatory firearms safety training in public schools. If we can teach drivers ed and how to put a rubber on a cock, surely we can teach basic firearms safety.
    That would make entirely too much sense for todays irrationally thinking liberals to ever comprehend.

Firearms safety is one of the things the United States Jaycees used to teach. It was part of our community development programs. I don't know about teaching it in school but it sure should be taught somewhere. If you haven;t checked yourself the gun is loaded!

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    So tragic - I cringe when I read these horrific stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Reminds me of a basic firearm rule: Never point a gun at someone unless you want to kill them. I go to a lot gun shows and auctions and always see customers carelessly handling firearms.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Cap and Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ParaCav View Post
    Reminds me of a basic firearm rule: Never point a gun at someone unless you want to kill them. I go to a lot gun shows and auctions and always see customers carelessly handling firearms.
    That is the one rule I am almost paranoid about. It was drummed into me many years ago, and even if I have double checked a weapon to be unloaded, I will never let the muzzle cover any living thing. Gun shows and stores are the worst. 3 simple rules: Weapon is always loaded, never cover anything with the muzzle you don't intend to shoot, never put a finger inside the trigger guard until you intend to fire. This idiot broke all three!

Quote Originally Posted by PZ32 View Post
    3 simple rules: Weapon is always loaded, never cover anything with the muzzle you don't intend to shoot, never put a finger inside the trigger guard until you intend to fire. This idiot broke all three!
    Do any one of those three things and nobody dies.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

[QUOTE]He had just purchased the gun - an advanced-type 9mm handgun ]

I want to know what makes it a advanced 9mm hand gun Did it have a loaded chamber indicator ? Was it a Glock or a glock copy . He will never recover from this jail or not. It will haunt him rest of his life.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Quote Originally Posted by Waddams View Post
    NRA Eddie Eagle program. But the public school system will not allow it in school.
    NRA Life Member
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club member 72-75
    Don't take life too seriously, No one makes it out alive
    anyway.

The guy is a useless piece of S#%H, hope he gets his. Retards like that should never handle a firearm let alone own one.
    NRA Life Member
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club member 72-75
    Don't take life too seriously, No one makes it out alive
    anyway.

Had a recent local case Beloit WI. Guy fired two rounds through a bedroom door because he heard a sound in the next room. Didn't know his sister was home and hit her twice. Luckily she lived and will be alright. Guy is to be charged with reckless discharge of a weapon. People like this give the rest of us a bad name.

Nowhere in the story does it mention how it wound up the gun had a round chambered. Where did he buy the gun? Pawn or gun store or in the back alley? And if he chambered the round he should know not to point and pull in the direction of his child?

Too many unanswered questions and some facts don't jive.
    "Deus vult!"

NRA Life Member

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge83 View Post
    Nowhere in the story does it mention how it wound up the gun had a round chambered. Where did he buy the gun? Pawn or gun store or in the back alley? And if he chambered the round he should know not to point and pull in the direction of his child?

Too many unanswered questions and some facts don't jive.

Very true. When it comes to stories related to guns, you can't trust anything the press publishes.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

You know that's right!
    Gunowner99
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

I just did a gun safety drill with my 11 year old daughter. I had her check my pistol and declare that it was "safe" and then drop the slide. I then asked her to walk over and get my holster. She had to turn around and walk across the room to get it. She came back and handed it to me. I then pointed to the pistol and asked her if it was safe. She picked it up, racked it three times, locked the slide back and said "yeah, it's safe."

Just goes to show you that a little girl, properly educated and with a respect for firearms is a lot smarter and a lot more careful than some of these f***ing idiots that think guns are cool and not much else. Hope this guy is haunted for the rest of his life.
    http://georgiacarry.org/
    The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.