TruRecoil Bersa Discount

Thread: Trigger pull on Thunder 380

Preferred Site Supporter

Trigger pull on Thunder 380

Can anyone tell me what the S.A. trigger pull on my Bersa should be? I know it is a lot heavier than my other pistols (Ruger mk1, 1911, Colt and S&W revolvers). I know I could shoot it better if it was lighter.

Cap and Ball

Re: Trigger pull on Thunder 380

It is better than my Walther PP.
    Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

Ruger and 1911 totally different trigger set up Can't even compare Bersa is a DA/SA like S&W revolver. My Bersa is lighter than any of my S&W on DA trigger
    Bersa around 10lns on DA and about 5 or so on SA Use a fish weight gauge and will give you a better idea. Bersa is better than my PPK/S that has had a trigger job .

Remember these are not really target guns They are made for SD Get to light of trigger you will get miss fires
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Quote Originally Posted by Buckklier View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the S.A. trigger pull on my Bersa should be? I know it is a lot heavier than my other pistols (Ruger mk1, 1911, Colt and S&W revolvers). I know I could shoot it better if it was lighter.
    I have been looking at the trigger on mine. I would like to refine the weight and slack.
    BT380 Duo CCW
    NRA Member

The old Eagle Imports website used to show the specs for each gun. As I remember, it was 5 to 7 lbs. in single action, and 8 to 13 in double action. So if your SA trigger pull is around 7 lbs., you're within specifications.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Slingshot

I'm chuckling a bit because I actually thought the BT380 had a short trigger pull. Says something about the DA revolvers I've been shooting. Is there really any benefit to trying to smooth out and reduce the trigger pull or is that just an exercise in AD?

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Lochinvar View Post
    I'm chuckling a bit because I actually thought the BT380 had a short trigger pull. Says something about the DA revolvers I've been shooting. Is there really any benefit to trying to smooth out and reduce the trigger pull or is that just an exercise in AD?
    Well, IF I were a competent gunsmith that really knew his stuff, I might try lightening up the Bersa triggers to see if it helped my accuracy any, but I figure I'd darn sure better know what I was doing so I didn't screw it up as MT suggests. Since I am not ANY kind of a gunsmith, not going to try it & sure not gonna pay someone else to do it!
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

VIP Site Supporter Americangirl01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lochinvar View Post
    Interesting question, Lochinvar....I was kind of wondering the same thing. Most of us carry Thunder 380s with a round in the chamber, decocker/safety off and the hammer down. This allows the user both the brain and the DA trigger pull to serve as his/her safety.
    Welcome to Bersa Chat, btw....
    Fwiw, both triggers on my Thunder .380s loosened up quite a bit after maybe 1,000 rounds, or else I just got used to them.....
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

OK, did some work the last few nights, polishing and stoning. The trigger has a smoother pull and crisp break. I still dont like the length of pull (SA) and slack.
    BT380 Duo CCW
    NRA Member

(SA) and slack.
    That the nature of a DA/SA pistol. If you want a crisp short light trigger get a 1911 But a DA/SA auto is going to be this way. Live with it The Bersa trigger is way better than the $500+ PPK/S and those much loved commie guns in 9x18 They plain suck at about 20or more lbs DA But their a commie gun and can do no wrong .
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Flintlock

Buckklier & bgc .... let me throw my 2cents in here too. I believe you should really listen to what's being said here. First, the BT380 (while a very acturate little 380) is a SELF DEFENSE firearm, not a target firearm. You do not want to be in the moment, Sh.ting your pants and have a feather light trigger pull, you'll just dump your magazine in the air. You want it to be a clear firm decision you make when you need to pull, not an accident. That leads to the next point, I carry the bt380 now because I can trust it to only go bang when I want it too, I have a very nice officer model 1911, but I'm am too leary to carry it, because if I carry it, it needs to be in condition 1 (safety on, cocked, ready to fire), and I have a bad habit of dropping that safety before it leaves the holster and that SA trigger is too light to trust for potenially nervous fingers. Leave your BT380 alone, it is just great for it's intended use.

I am fairly new here but if I were you I would heed the advice others have given here. I really second the post that Phoenix_dad made. The BT380 (we have the CC edition) is a self defence pistol. It is an accurate little gun but there are better target pistols out there. Personally, I don't find the trigger pull on my Bersa to be that bad, there are definately worse out there (Ruger LCP for example).