TruRecoil Bersa Discount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expensive Range Trip today.

VIP Site Supporter

Expensive Range Trip today.

Another 250 trouble free rnds thru the BP9 today at Honey Island Gun Range outside of Slidell, La. for a total of 450 +. My son who is retiring from the Navy on 1 Jan 2013, had never seen or shot one. After two mags, he was shooting 3 inch groups at 7-8 yds and hitting 6 in steel plates at 25 yds.

When we finished, he looked at me and said..."Dad, remember you asked what I wanted for a retirement gift?" Playing ignorant (well, maybe not playing), I responded with "hunh"? Guess what he wants? MY BP9! and then he said "remember teaching me about keeping your word?".

So, now am looking for another BP9.

Geez, I thought when they were all grown up, they would stop costing you money.

And many thanks to Garwhal for the enhancement instructions. Made it a wonderful shooter and "was" my edc.

Mini Gun

Re: Expensive Range Trip today.

Thanks for the compliment, and mine is great as well. Blew through a couple of boxes at the East Texas Meet and Great, and no malfuntion, and can't even count all the rounds since a malfuntion, but non since I did the big tear down, and shared all the results, and fix, perfect ever since.

VIP Site Supporter Rollin Thunder's Avatar

Sounds like it was worth every penny!

Tell your son, for Christmas, you'd like to have a BP9cc
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

It could have been worse... You could have been shooting a Dan Wesson or something....

At least he is getting a fine tuned gun that he seems to be in tune with.

Hope to see him on here in a while.
    "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Geez, I thought when they were all grown up, they would stop costing you money.
    That a lie . It never stops . I agree mention that you would like one for Christmas. That's fair
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    Masonia, Just past the Northwest Territories

I want one...
    I've spent 90% of all my money on Booze, Bikes, Babes, Bersas and Bullets..

The rest of my money I wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    I want one...

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

I want one...
    Still no joy on the replacement?

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    Masonia, Just past the Northwest Territories

I actually did get it replaced a few weeks ago.. I just want more guns.. And one for Christmas sounded good to me so I was throwing my hat in the ring.
    I've spent 90% of all my money on Booze, Bikes, Babes, Bersas and Bullets..

The rest of my money I wasted.

VIP Site Supporter

This has gotten outta hand. Now Grandson wants his own. Geez. Santa is going to have to go back to work, or I've got to quit visiting the Grand Babies. So anywhoooo, I've located a BP9 and a thunder 22 locally. Will run down to the gun store and cry, wheedle and plead to see if I can get them to give me a wee break if I buy two lead delivery systems from them. May play the disabled vet card. I think starting the grandson out with a 22 would be mo bettah!
    Is the thunder 22 easy to maintain, diassemble, clean, etc? Perhaps a revolver in 22 lr? I know you folks on this forum are "hesitant" to offer opinions, but your "thoughts" would be appreciated.

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

I agree with starting the grandson out with a .22. I'd say the Thunder .22 is easy to field strip, clean, etc, just like the Thunder .380. They prefer high velocity ammo & some are picky about which brands which is something a revolver shouldn't be. But just buy small quantities of ammo until you know which ones it likes.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Quote Originally Posted by USNRETIRED View Post
    Perhaps a revolver in 22 lr?
    This. While I love the Bersas a .22 revolver makes a great first handgun for anybody, regardless of age.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

I actually did get it replaced a few weeks ago.
    That's good news. Any reports on how the replacement works?

Bronson

Mini Gun

It depends upon the grandsons experience, but for most, in a pistol I would not go beyond a Single Action .22 and there are some imports that are reasonable, but I would sure check the reviews to make sure it is reliable, as not all are. My first pistol was a Ruger Single Six convertable, and 45 years later it's still one of my favorite guns, and with the 6 1/2 barrel shoots well enough to be good for small game hunting. I believe these are much less accident prone, and will hold a place in there hearts many years from now.

VIP Site Supporter

Not personally knowing anyone on this forum, but knowing you all are kind and generous, . . . . Well, after returning from the LGS in Metaire, la, I need gas money to get back to my home North of Tampa, FL. I am accepting donations.

Purchased a BP9 Duo Tone and a Ruger SA 22 revolver. The 9 for son and the ruger for 15 yr old Grandson. They were nib when I purchased them. They are now used. 50 problem free rounds through the BP9. Has an extremely smooth trigger (better than mine after the "enhancement" and a very crisp break. Very accurate at 7 yds, more so with Son shooting than me. The now used 22 is just a joy to shoot.

As an aside, the recently discharged Marine grunt (2 tours in Irag) working behind the counter, asked to hold the BP9, Since I got a bit of a discount for the military ID card, we said "sure". When he was done he said ""I really like this gun", the sights just naturally fall on target". Then he asked if I carry one. I said "Does it look like I'm carrying?". He said "No, not in that light of a shirt". I lifted the shirt and he was surprized when he saw it on my hip.

A Galco "stow and Go" for a M&P shield is a perfect "fit" for the BP9.

Gotta go borrow a ball cap. Headed to Bourbon street to do a little panhandling for gas money.

VIP Site Supporter Rollin Thunder's Avatar

Pop's, those kid's saw you coming from a mile away!
    Life is Good!
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Preferred Site Supporter

...Is the thunder 22 easy to maintain, diassemble, clean, etc? Perhaps a revolver in 22 lr? I know you folks on this forum are "hesitant" to offer opinions, but your "thoughts" would be appreciated.
    Who's hesitant to offer opinions? I have a Thunder 22 and love it, easy to strip, clean, and a nice shooter, but it's really fussy about ammo. If I were going to buy my grandson a 22, which a great idea, it would be the new Ruger SR22. Just as easy to strip, clean and a nice shooter, but it is NOT fussy about ammo. If this is his first handgun get one that's highly reliable...the SR22 is.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    but it is NOT fussy about ammo. If this is his first handgun get one that's highly reliable...the SR22 is.
    Revolvers aren't typically fussy about ammo and tend to be reliable.

Bronson

Great job USNR! Bringing more Bersa fans into the fold and buying a gun for your grandson! Really great job!

Gotta go borrow a ball cap. Headed to Bourbon street to do a little panhandling for gas money.
    Ball cap? Do you use that to hide your face from the security cameras?

congrats on getting your family protection! Cool that the grandson is already going to be a gun lover. I beloeve if you teach them how to use them and respect guns then less accidents in the home are likely to happen

PS. you might want to panhandle with a 10 gallon hat vs the ballcap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast