TruRecoil Bersa Discount

Thread: Bersa BP9cc problem and fix

Rock

Bersa BP9cc problem and fix

Hey guys and gals been a while since I been one here. Anyway did some tradeing for a BP9cc which I love. So I put about 50rds through it without a problem and when I got home I noticed that the trigger was not a crisp as it was when I just shot it. I mean I had to pull pretty hard before it would release the striker. So I got to looking at it and notied the pin that is located on the trigger had move it way out maybe and 1/8in or so. I just tapped it back in and evrything works fine. I read somewhere where another guy had the same problem with that pin working its way out and he said he put some loctite and all was well. Just wanted to let people know what to look for if your trigger starts to act funny. I was getting ready to send it in to get re paired. Good thing I seen that cause that would be a waste of a trip and shpping cost. Hope this is helpfull.

Slingshot

Re: Bersa BP9cc problem and fix

Quote Originally Posted by BMcD View Post
    Hey guys and gals been a while since I been one here. Anyway did some tradeing for a BP9cc which I love. So I put about 50rds through it without a problem and when I got home I noticed that the trigger was not a crisp as it was when I just shot it. I mean I had to pull pretty hard before it would release the striker. So I got to looking at it and notied the pin that is located on the trigger had move it way out maybe and 1/8in or so. I just tapped it back in and evrything works fine. I read somewhere where another guy had the same problem with that pin working its way out and he said he put some loctite and all was well. Just wanted to let people know what to look for if your trigger starts to act funny. I was getting ready to send it in to get re paired. Good thing I seen that cause that would be a waste of a trip and shpping cost. Hope this is helpfull.
    I have not heard that one but thanks for sharing your experience and fix. I am sure you are not the only one with that issue and wont be the last. OK I hope you are the last one

Mini Gun

There should be a keeper spring on that pin, maybe missed on the build, very small.

Thanks BMcD
    Is the pin you are referring to is the little one directly above the mag release button? If so I was able to re-center mine with just the touch of my fingernail. I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks again.
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Mini Gun

That one holds the mag release, the one in the trigger is the one I am think is being referred to. The one near the slide lock holds the reciever in place, and everthing comes out with it except the mag release.

Slingshot

The parts schematics shows 2 c-clips, part No. 41. Mine came only with one and it goes recess in the trigger assembly area circled in red. When installing the pin install from the opposite side and just push up. I clean the entire assembly, upon disassembly the metal u-channel that reinforces the assembly and is held to it by a weld spot was lose. It was poorly welded. I debur the trigger cavity on the sides to prevent the trigger from rubbing against it.
    BERSA SCHEMATICS.jpgIMAG1403-1.jpgIMAG1400-1.jpgIMAG1401-1.jpg
    Last edited by fercho1964; 05-21-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Rock

Quote Originally Posted by JJW View Post
    Thanks BMcD
    Is the pin you are referring to is the little one directly above the mag release button? If so I was able to re-center mine with just the touch of my fingernail. I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thanks again.
    No I was talking about the pin that is directly on the trigger. When it poped out it was only thorugh one side of the trigger so when you would pull it would move to one side and it was not crisp anymore. It would still fire but you would have to squezze it all most till it touched the frame before it would drop the striker. But once I knocked it back through it was fine. I put a 100rds. down range today and it didnt come out. Maybe it wasnt all the way in from the factory cause I bought it brand new.

I also have the same problem with my BP9CC, the pin is popping out to the right side after several rounds. This just happened just two weeks ago on my first range trip with the said gun. I pushed it back in and after several rounds it popped out again. Will the loctite really work, or should I bring it to the gunsmith?

Rock

It happened to me once, the first time I shot the gun. Went to Gander Mountain, which is an authorized dealer but I read many here do not care for it, the gunsmith had not seen a BP9cc before (that was about a year ago) but he pushed the pin in and since that time I have had zero problems with it.

What type of Loctite should I use? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKing View Post
    What type of Loctite should I use? TIA
    Blue is recommended for smaller diameters.