TruRecoil Bersa Discount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magazine loader for Bersa 380?

magazine loader for Bersa 380?

Any recommendation on a good magazine loader for Bersa 380?

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: magazine loader for Bersa 380?

The Maglula Uplula is my favorite. They make a 'Baby' for the .380, but the regular one can be used & it's good for multiple calibers. Condors Flight handles a 'Thumb Saver' which is quite a bit cheaper, but not as versitile.

P.S. Here's a link to Condors Flight. They handle magazines & other Bersa accessories. With 10 posts, PM a moderator or administrator for the discount code. At the moment, they are giving us 15% so ask for the special code. Normally, it's 10%.

http://www.condorsflight.com/
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    The Maglula Uplula is my favorite. They make a 'Baby' for the .380, but the regular one can be used & it's good for multiple calibers. Condors Flight handles a 'Thumb Saver' which is quite a bit cheaper, but not as versitile.
    So the regular one should work on both my Bersa T 380 and my brand x (S&W p39) 9 mm...

Wonder how it would work with the Thunder 380 Plus?

Best wishes,

David

Machine Gun

we offer Thumb Savers from Adco on www.bersa.com We have one for the standard Thunder 380 and one for the Thunder 380 Plus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eutychus View Post
    So the regular one should work on both my Bersa T 380 and my brand x (S&W p39) 9 mm...

Wonder how it would work with the Thunder 380 Plus?

Best wishes,

David
    Yep, the regular UpLula will work great on the 380 Plus and any pistol mag from 380 to 45acp.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

I got an HKS Speed loader from amazon http://www.amazon.com/HKS-Adjustable...6607012&sr=8-5
    it works great and can be used right or left handed.

Slingshot

I have the Baby Uplula, and while a little bit pricey, it works absolutely great, no more sore thumbs from loading.

Man this confuses me.....why do you need one? Maybe it is my profession the makes me have tougher hands than most! I do not see the need for such a contraption!

This topic does not only come to Bersachat, but all gun forums I have been to and I don't understand the need! Blows my mind! What did folks do before they invented this crap?
    NRA Member

This is the one I have...no issues... http://www.condorsflight.com/product....php?cPath=152

Quote Originally Posted by Fullthrottle View Post
    Man this confuses me.....why do you need one? Maybe it is my profession the makes me have tougher hands than most! I do not see the need for such a contraption!

This topic does not only come to Bersachat, but all gun forums I have been to and I don't understand the need! Blows my mind! What did folks do before they invented this crap?
    Loaders save wear and tear on fingers and save time loading, especially with new magazines with stiff springs. Not everyone has tough fingers, and if you're at a range paying $15 per hour for your range time, you want to spend more time shooting and less time loading. Magazine loaders allow you to do that, especially if you're a new shooter.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

As you get older your fingers may not be as tough or strong. In the military I had no problems at all but now, in my older years with arthritis, it is a necessity. I use the Baby Uplula.
    Bersa Thunder .380, Academy model.

Give the Gift of Life.
    Register to become and organ,tissue, and eye donor:
    http://www.organdonor.gov/

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

The night before going to the range, I sit down & load all the magazines that I'm going to take with me. That is when I prefer using a loader, also when loading the 9mm 13 & 17 round mags. Otherwise, loading by hand isn't so bad, even for an old guy.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Preferred Site Supporter teecro's Avatar

Ever tried to load a hi cap mag for a Beretta 92 series? I have large tough hands and thought that I would never need such a sissy tool.... Boy was I wrong at least for the OE 18 round Beretta mags as I can not fully load all 3 of them.

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

You sound to me like the kind of guy who gets up to change the channel on the TV instead of using the remote. So why have a remote ?
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

At my age, the loader thingy is a blessing. Before the thingy, I could get 6 rds in the mag and that was it. Just don't have the hand strength I used to. Now, with the thingy I can load 10 rds rickie tickie. This is ParaCav and I support this post.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Quote Originally Posted by ParaCav View Post
    At my age, the loader thingy is a blessing. Before the thingy, I could get 6 rds in the mag and that was it. Just don't have the hand strength I used to. Now, with the thingy I can load 10 rds rickie tickie. This is ParaCav and I support this post.
    Thank you for your support!

Seriously, thank you all for some good input and advice. It's the (er) mileage on my hands as I get back into the sport. And a help for my wife as well. Now if I could just get my gun back...

Best wishes,

Eutychus

I bought the maglula uplula when I first bought my Thunder.380. Now that I've got a Glock 26, it works well with both. It will also work great with the UC Pro 45 for my next purchase. I highly recommend it.
    Bersa Thunder .380 DLX

Got the UpUla figuring if it worked on the 380 I could also use it on my 9 mm S&W (P39 2). Works like a champ. Of course, now I'm thinking about exchanging the 9mm for another T380. go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by teecro View Post
    Ever tried to load a hi cap mag for a Beretta 92 series? I have large tough hands and thought that I would never need such a sissy tool.... Boy was I wrong at least for the OE 18 round Beretta mags as I can not fully load all 3 of them.
    Yes, I have and do! I am not saying that it is easy but I don't understand for the BERSA line up. WHY! Other mags I somewhat get it.....particularly for the folks that have hand pain to begin with( I am in my mid 30's and feel it from time to time). Guess I know what I will be up against in less than a decade!

What I do not understand is when the loader is asked for from folks that do not have any ailments! Seems to me an easy way out! That is just my thoughts though!
    NRA Member

Yes, I have and do! I am not saying that it is easy but I don't understand for the BERSA line up. WHY! Other mags I somewhat get it.....particularly for the folks that have hand pain to begin with( I am in my mid 30's and feel it from time to time). Guess I know what I will be up against in less than a decade!

What I do not understand is when the loader is asked for from folks that do not have any ailments! Seems to me an easy way out! That is just my thoughts though!
    One day you wake up and need help reloading more then one mag.
    If you served in any Military Branch, Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast