TruRecoil Bersa Discount

Thread: Bersa 380 External safety issue

Bersa 380 External safety issue

Hello, I have a Bersa thunder 380 that when shooting theexternal safety will slide from fire to safe. Any ideas how to fix this? I was thinkingabout taking it out just to clean it and see tf that would help but I am notsure how to remove it and I donít want to break it.
    Thanks

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: Bersa 380 External safety issue

There's a thead here somewhere about removal of the safety. Haven't heard about a problem with the safety falling from fire to safe, only about them beeing too stiff. Are you the original owner? Should be covered by the lifetime service agreement. Someone should be along that has an idea about what the problem is.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Sounds like there might be some grit/soot/junk/extraneous matter in the detent holding up the spring and keeping it from holding the safety in the up or fire position.

Using a large Ziplock bag, Take the safety/decocker out and check the freedom of movement of the detent spring. Clean and reassemble.

Bill

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"Illegitimi non est carborundum!"

"A govt who doesn't trust law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, itself is unworthy of trust."----James Madison

Well I took it out and cleaned it now I can’t figure out howto reassemble it. Sorry I am new to this.

Which way is the groove supposed to face on the detent spring?

I reassembled it but still have the same issue with the safetyas originally noted. Thanks guys.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrs View Post
    I reassembled it but still have the same issue with the safetyas originally noted. Thanks guys.
    Did the detent ball move freely if you poked at it with something?
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Yes it moved. I took it to the range today and had the sameissue but less than usual. When Iemptied my last magazine of the day I looked down and the external safety hadbroken completly in two. Any thoughts? It is still under warranty but if I can fix itwithout sending it out I would rather do that. I ordered another safety atbersa.com.

VIP Site Benefactor

Here's a link to photo instructions by one of our members, p-t-max. Call Eagle Imports @ (732) 493-0333 & tell them what happened. They'll probably send you the parts at no charge.

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/a...afety%20Lever/

I called them and the lady I spoke with said it need to besent in the directions were on the website and then she hung up on me. I ordered the part online. However, it doesn’tfix the original problem of the safety moving from fire to safe and it maybreak again.

VIP Site Benefactor

I called them and the lady I spoke with said it need to besent in the directions were on the website and then she hung up on me. I ordered the part online. However, it doesn’tfix the original problem of the safety moving from fire to safe and it maybreak again.
    Well, you may have two problems & the other may need the attention of a warranty center. You can save a little freight by having your gun store ship it for you because they can ship it via regular USPS& if you ship it yourself, it'll have to go overnight by UPS or Fedex.

Select a warranty center from the list here on Bersa Chat. Reynerson's & Colorado Gun Works have received good reviews. Be sure to call them first & discuss the problem & estimated turn-around time. Include a letter with the pistol, UNLOADED of course & be sure to send the mag with it. If you do have your gun store ship it, be sure to give them the name & address where you want it to be sent. If they ship it to the wrong place it will just delay it.

Sorry you are having a problem & please keep us informed.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

However, it doesn’tfix the original problem of the safety moving from fire to safe and it maybreak again.
    It might actually fix that. I'm not convinced there isn't something boogery on the lever. Something is funny with the detents.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."