TruRecoil Bersa Discount

Thread: firing pin removal

firing pin removal

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while doing research on my next purchase. This sight has been very informative and I think I've narrowed it down to the Thunder Pro 9 HC or UC. I have one question. Is it easier to remove the firing pin on the newer models with the Sig type sights than on the earlier models. This has been a normal part of my cleaning regimen on my other pistols and has always been very easy on my other Pistols. I saw the Sticky on removing the rear sight to remove the firing pin block and so on, but the newer ones seem to have a much smaller sight, so I figured it's probably a different process all together. Looking forward to your responses.

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: firing pin removal

Welcome to Bersa Chat. Someone will be along that can answer your question. As decribed, it should not be difficult, but I haven't tried it.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Thanks for the warm welcome. This is a great place to hang out.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

I'd like to know the answer to this one as well....
    I'm going to guess disassembly is the same but I'd like to hear it from someone who owns a new one.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Yeah, me too, because I have no idea. I suspect it's pretty close to the same procedure, though.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Well it was worth a shot, I guess no one has done this on one of the newer models. The only reason I was curious is when I first got my Taurus PT-809, the firing pin channel was full of thick shipping grease and when I first got my ruger SR9, the firing pin channel had metal slivers in there on first inspection. I no longer have the SR9 and would like a metal framed gun to replace it with. Just not sure I want a gun I have to remove the sight in order to remove the firing pin for routine maintenance. On both the Taurus and the Ruger it literally takes seconds to remove it. If I could find one locally to look at I could probably answer my own questions. That's the hard part. I can find Bersa's on the internet but none locally to really get a good look at and see how they feel.