“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: 7 round 380 magazines and others

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas
    Lone Star State .. .................of mind

7 round 380 magazines and others

Single action Models 97 and 383 share the same 7 round magazine having a "round" front with solid sides and three witness slots in the back. There is a mag catch slot on the lower right back of the body (mag release in the grip) with no mag safety "bump" at the bottom right. The followers usually have a riveted metal "tang" to activate the last round hold open. (Difficult to find)

DA/SA Model 383DA uses a 7 round magazine with a "round" front with solid sides and three witness slots in the back. The mag catch slot is in the upper right front of the body (mag release on the frame) and has a mag safety "bump" on the bottom right of the body. The followers have the riveted "tang" for hold open. (Extremely hard to find)

DA/SA Model 383A uses a 7 round magazines have a "squared front" (with rounded front corners) with six staggered witness holes on each side of the body and a solid back. The mag catch slot is in the upper right front of the body (mag release on the frame) and have the mag safety "bump" on the bottom right of the body. The followers have a "ledge" to activate the hold open. (These also have a longer cut out on the upper left top to accomodate the hold open.) (Difficult to find)

DA/SA Model 83 mags will not work in later models, however the current model mags will work in the 83. These 7 round magazines have a "squared front" (with rounded front corners) with six staggered witness holes on each side of the body and a solid back. The mag catch slot is in the upper right front of the body (mag release on the frame) and have the mag safety "bump" on the bottom right of the body. The followers have a "ledge" to activate the hold open. (note: there is a difference in the front cut-out and the size of the catch slot when compared to the current models). (Moderately available)

DA/SA Models 95, Thunder 380 and Firestorm 380 magazines are interchangeable. These 7 round magazines have a "squared front" (with rounded front corners) with six staggered witness holes on each side of the body and a solid back. The mag catch slot is in the upper right front of the body (mag release on the frame) and have the mag safety "bump" on the bottom right of the body. The followers have a "ledge" to activate the hold open. (Available)

The current OEM magazine springs for 7 rounders will work in magazines for all models.

The magazine bottoms and followers will interchange with each other.

Additionally 380 Models 85 & 86 10 and 13 round double stack magazines (very hard to find) WILL NOT interchange with the current Thunder 380 Plus 15 round double stack magazines. (Different mag catch slots but will fit and work with modified slots)

FWIW .22 lr Bersa model 23, Thunder 22 and Firestorm 22 all use the same magazines.

regards jab
    Last edited by pollyb; 03-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

223DA mags vs current Thunder22

The difference between the model23/Thunder22 and 223DA mag is the depth of the slot for the slide lock lever which performs the hold open function. The slot on the 223DA mag is cut deeper to accommodate the different lever design. All other aspects apppear to be the same.

This means that the 223DA mag will function in the model 23 and Thunder22, but the 23/Thunder22 mag will not function in the 223DA without modification (cutting a deeper slot).

regards jab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 223da left front.jpg  
    Last edited by pollyb; 07-12-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Certified Armed Infidel

Re: 7 round 380 magazines and others

Hi, Just got a pristine Bersa 383 DA from a friend......It's like brand new.....the elderly gentleman who owned passed and his widow just found it and sold it to my friend who knew I was looking for this type of gun.......I perused this sight looking for a spare magazine......I see it's almost immposible to find one in oem......but all the post seemed to be from many years ago.....I just joined this site and would like to know if things have changed and after market magazines for the DA model are available anywhere. Triple k says it makes one but I've read good and bad about dealing with them......I can live with one mag but would really like that extra insurance of having a second go to mag.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat Chadikosa. The guy that started this thread is our resident expert, so if he doesn't reply pretty soon, send him a PM. Some of the sites I've seen posted for out of production Bersa parts are Numrich & Gun Broker. I'd be cautious of after market mags.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

The 383DA mag is still extremely difficult to find. I know of NO dependable aftermarket product that is available. As mitchr said watch e bay and Gunbroker for an occasional OEM offering. Good luck and welcome to Bersa Chat.

regards jab

Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Chadikosa View Post
    ......I see it's almost impossible to find one in oem......but all the post seemed to be from many years ago.....I can live with one mag but would really like that extra insurance of having a second go to mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Welcome to Bersa Chat Chadikosa. The guy that started this thread is our resident expert, so if he doesn't reply pretty soon, send him a PM. Some of the sites I've seen posted for out of production Bersa parts are Numrich & Gun Broker. I'd be cautious of after market mags.
    Welcome to Bersa Chat Chadikosa from the Lone Star State. I'm beginning to see that in the recent purchase of an out of production BT32. Bought the last three one dealer had, which puts me one to two mags away from my goal. I did find a couple on eBay that I'm eyeballin, so in addition to the gun auction sites you might want to check on it. Promag has one offered on eBay, and worst case, as I had to do 10 years ago, I got a couple of the ProMag 7rd for the 380 just for range/target use until I could find and build up a stock of the OEM 9rd mags, then I put them in the round file so no one else would have a problem. Best of luck with your search.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Rock

Try Impact Guns in Utah. I ordered a thunder plus 15 rds. mag and it's on it's way. $39.99, cheaper than CondorsFlight.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat Salaguinto. Our Bersa Chat discount makes Condors Flight cheaper. 'Course you have to become an active member with 10+ posts.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Rock

After markets DO NOT work well. They have a Mfg. design defect. I have picked up 2 OEM magazines on E-Bay.