TruRecoil Bersa Discount

Thread: DRT ammo 380

DRT ammo 380

Has anyone used DRT (dynamic research technologies) .380 hp 85 grain? Looks like it would be a good PD round. Anyone know anything about it ?

Re: DRT ammo 380

Check out this review of DRT 9mm by Chuck Hawks: http://www.chuckhawks.com/drt_ammo.htm

Interesting results. In this test it performed just like FMJ ammo in that it just went thru everything they fired it at without any expansion. That's kind of disturbing.

The web site (http://drtammo.com/) has lots of stories of satisfied users and cool videos but I couldn't find any real ballistic info beyond their loading info that did give velocity for each load. I couldn't find any .380 ammo listed.

The DRT on-line store does list the 9mm, 85 grain ammo for $27.00 ea (box of 50) so the price is not high for a good PD/SD round. Again, I didn't find any .380 listed.

After a quick internet search for info, reviews and sales of this stuff, I find Mr. Hawks' statement to be very appropriate. This is "mystery ammunition."

Baring real ballistic testing, by someone other than DRT themselves, with published results (energy, velocity, penetration, expansion or maybe fragmentation is a better term, etc.) I'd pass on this stuff for now.

Now, if I found some for sale locally, I'd buy it to test with water bottles and wet packs.
    It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....

getvicious@yahoo.com

www.getvicious.com

Another magic bullet to take you money . Leave it alone stick with real HP like DPX or other major brands Not Rem 102 Golden saber They seem to be duds also
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

who sells dpx ?

Thanks for the info. After reading chuck hawks i will not be buying

Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by 1ton454 View Post
    who sells dpx ?
    I think most buy it on line or at gun shows. Gun shows are the only times I've seen it my area. I've done business with Ammunition To Go & they give good service, but they didn't have the .380 in stock when I checked yesterday.

Here's a link.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/advanc...tdu7&x=17&y=10

If it's not listed, means they don't have it in stock. When they get some in, they'll add it to their site.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

who sells dpx ?
    I fortunately can get it locally at several different places. Here it is online. http://www.shopcorbon.com/DPX-Handgun/200/200/dept

Also, there is the Buffalo Bore which I have not tried but is supposed to be the same Barnes bullet loaded a little hotter. Ignore the fact that they call it "+p", there is no such thing in 380 ACP.
    http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php...duct_list&c=87
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

DPX can be found on different places on line. Or you can go right to them and order Same with Bufflo
    Most dealers don't stock. This is expensive ammo and most people just want bullets . I have watched people buy gun after gun for self defense. Then want the cheap ammo. Majority of people buy a gun take home load and put in a drawer. Some might go shoot a box at range or outdoors . That's more the norm than the. It must go 500 or more flawless rounds Then 200 of my choice of HP. internet crowd.
    That's one reason I love older S&W revolvers . They for most part have spent life in a sock drawer Never fired or only a couple times. Auto tend to be slight increase chance of being shot.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    DPX can be found on different places on line. Or you can go right to them and order Same with Bufflo
    Most dealers don't stock. This is expensive ammo and most people just want bullets . I have watched people buy gun after gun for self defense. Then want the cheap ammo. Majority of people buy a gun take home load and put in a drawer. Some might go shoot a box at range or outdoors . That's more the norm than the. It must go 500 or more flawless rounds Then 200 of my choice of HP. internet crowd.
    That's one reason I love older S&W revolvers . They for most part have spent life in a sock drawer Never fired or only a couple times. Auto tend to be slight increase chance of being shot.
    Here is my plan and yes i will be carrying ths gun for self protection i work in youngstown ohio but my home is in alabama. I am limited with time spent at home and time and money to shoot. I ran 50 rounds of fed 95 grain fmj through it flawlessly at thanksgiving and plan on running about 100 more through when i am home at christmas. Then buy 2 boxes of dpx and run all but 8 through. This is far less than you recommend but funds are limited. Then i will run more through as i can. By the way this bersa 380 is a great gun and i love it so far and info on this site is very very helpful. Thanks

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

I ran 50 rounds of fed 95 grain fmj through it flawlessly at thanksgiving and plan on running about 100 more through when i am home at christmas. Then buy 2 boxes of dpx and run all but 8 through.
    You'll be fine with that. MT's point was that a lot of internet commandos go way overboard.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

who sells dpx ?
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/40208-5.html fast delivery normally