TruRecoil Bersa Discount
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Customer Service; Wow

Thumbs up Bersa Customer Service; Wow

Earlier in the week I posted the thread on Keyholed Targets. I called Bersa and described the problem on 11/30, and on 12/2 a new barrel arrives. I call that great customer service!

Haven't concluded that this has fixed the total problem but it certainly is an improvement. At the range shooting at 50 ft, USA reloaded ammo shot better with only 1 turned bullet out of 10. I then shot 50 Federal rounds with no turned bullets; on Sunday some of the Federal's were turning. One thing I did discover is that this gun loves 147 grain bullets. Problem is the cost!

Again, thanks for the advice and suggestions as I worked through this.

Bob

Special Preferred Supporter JONESN's Avatar

Re: Bersa Customer Service; Wow

AWESOME! THATS GREAT STUFF! Let us know if this cures your problemo!

Use good ammo the reload USA is junk . I wouldn't put it in a glock or a taurus let alone a good Bersa.
    Last edited by Michael T; 02-06-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Special Preferred Supporter JONESN's Avatar

nothing like a ggod Bersa! ;-]

Quote Originally Posted by JONESN View Post
    nothing like a ggod Bersa! ;-]
    Was that really necessary?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Wow, that was a quick turn-around and a quick barrel swap, too. Did you do it yourself, Bob?

Sure did. A barrel swap on a Bersa Thunder 9 UC is about a 60 second event.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by rscholtz01 View Post
    Sure did. A barrel swap on a Bersa Thunder 9 UC is about a 60 second event.
    With some practice you wont have to drag the ordeal out that long.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Ahh! [smacks forehead] Showing my ignorance again. Stupid question. I hadn't realized the UC9 has a barrel locking system sort of like my Browning. Never mind!

PhMadness is right, I took my time. Also, I am coming to agree with Michael T. I think I'm finished with USA Ammo 9mm reloads.

Rock

Just bought a Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm Ultra Compact used. The date on the little envelope with the spent round was one year plus one day of my purchase. The first time at the range I had about 10% failure to extract. Even without the warranty, the smith at CGW said to send it to him and he would fix it for free. I haven't got it back yet but I am still pretty impressed so far. Thank you also to my local gun shop for sending it down for me.

Rock

I got it back. Upon futher investigation I found a receipt in the Bersa box that makes me the third owner not the second. Still impressed with the service from CGW. The FTE problem has been reduced from 10% to about 1%. Not good enough to really depend on it for a CC. It shoots nice and I enjoy shooting it along side my CZ 75B. Could still use some tips on how to get it to consistantly fire without the spent rounds hanging up in the barrel.

VIP Site Supporter Americangirl01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgun View Post
    I got it back. Upon futher investigation I found a receipt in the Bersa box that makes me the third owner not the second. Still impressed with the service from CGW. The FTE problem has been reduced from 10% to about 1%. Not good enough to really depend on it for a CC. It shoots nice and I enjoy shooting it along side my CZ 75B. Could still use some tips on how to get it to consistantly fire without the spent rounds hanging up in the barrel.
    I'm sorry that you are still having troubles, bgun. I believe the lack of response is because we've seen so few problems with the Bersa 9MM pistols that no one has experienced this type of failure that wasn't corrected by the warranty center. I'm sorry again that you are still having troubles.

For the record, which ammo are you using and have you tried more than one brand of ammo? Also, have you had anyone else try the pistol to be sure that the problem follows the pistol?
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Slingshot

I'm having problems with my Bersa too, which number did you call OP?

Rock

Went to the range yesterday and tried four different types of ammo. Long story short; the ammo I've been using all along was the problem. My Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm Ultra Compact doesn't like Sellier and Bellot 115gr. fmj. It performed without any problems with Federa, American Eagle and Blazer. Also, for shortname, I called the CGW at 970-482-4867.

Quote Originally Posted by bgun View Post
    Went to the range yesterday and tried four different types of ammo. Long story short; the ammo I've been using all along was the problem. My Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm Ultra Compact doesn't like Sellier and Bellot 115gr. fmj. It performed without any problems with Federa, American Eagle and Blazer.
    I'm very glad you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you very much for the update, bgun. Updates help us keep our eyes out for others who may experience the same.
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

To many reported problems with S&B ammo They have changed something and now ammo a problem S&B has been my ammo for general shootin in all calibers for years. We might need to post a warning about S&B ammo being so much trouble.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

KILL the amnesty bill

SECURE our borders

DEPORT all illegals

ENFORCE current laws

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Moderator & Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Most reported problems have been wth the .380, but looks like it may have moved to other calibers. I've only shot S&B one time, with no problems, but that was 9mm & quite a while back. If I can find some, I'll give it a try & report back.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Most reported problems have been wth the .380, but looks like it may have moved to other calibers. I've only shot S&B one time, with no problems, but that was 9mm & quite a while back. If I can find some, I'll give it a try & report back.
    I've had exactly the same experience, mitchr. The only S&B ammo that I have used is in 9MM and the T9HC ate it with no problems. It has been several years back as it was when even 9MM ammo was scarce on the shelves. The S&B was all I could find that was reasonably priced.

Rock

Still shooting with no problems. Last trip to the range I shot 150 rnds of Blazer 115gr. fmj and my 9mm UC performed flawlessly. Now the only problem to correct is my technique. Wish that was as easy to fix as the fte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast